Luggage

LaPaloma

Yes, but you have to pre-arrange that with head office well before your voyage. Once you are on board, and suppose you buy souvenirs on the way, it is too much for you to carry, and you want them to ship it home for you. They will decline, saying that you have not made the necessary prior arrangements!

Yes, but you have to pre-arrange that with head office well before your voyage. Once you are on board, and suppose you buy souvenirs on the way, it is too much for you to carry, and you want them to ship it home for you. They will decline, saying that you have not made the necessary prior arrangements!

Seabourn requires a 4 to 6 week lead time, and you can book one or both ways--is that about the same with Silversea. It sure is fun travelling without those darn bags! Don

I agree whole-heartedly. I've used Seabourn shipping (a slight mixup, but I did get my bag eventually) and also other luggage shipping services (The Luggage Club, which worked perfectly). Although it costs an arm and a leg (about $400 each way, southern California to Barbados), what a relief not to juggle so many bags, especially as a solo traveler.

I spoke to Silversea about the possibility of my shipping a bag for my December cruise; they have about the same cost and the same timing as Seabourn, Don.

Jane

I agree whole-heartedly. I've used Seabourn shipping (a slight mixup, but I did get my bag eventually) and also other luggage shipping services (The Luggage Club, which worked perfectly). Although it costs an arm and a leg (about $400 each way, southern California to Barbados), what a relief not to juggle so many bags, especially as a solo traveler.

I spoke to Silversea about the possibility of my shipping a bag for my December cruise; they have about the same cost and the same timing as Seabourn, Don.

Jane

Hi Jane--we are only Tucson to L.A., and return--45 minutes on Southwest--but I still might do the luggage thing--we are getting early embarcation, and it would be nice to--fly-- zip to the ship, and board, with out those darn bags! We will be on the Shadow about a month before you.we are really looking forward to it--it's been about 2 years since we sailed Silversea--same ship--same cruise Mexican Riviera! Don

Haven't sailed Silversea in a couple years, so I'm not up to date--does Silversea offer a luggage pickup and shipping program? Don

Had problems with SS .luggage shipping. Have used "luggage forward" about 5 times & found them to be fair in price & very efficient overall. I can get you a $25 discount e-mail me at demain_away@yahoo.com and I'll get it for you Judy

Could you give more details?

What details do you want????? You can get on their site & get all the info you want. You can only get the discount if I mention your name..

Their site is luggageforward.com

If you want to can use ups domestic and dsl for overseas. If you are staying at a hotel have it sent to your hotel and have it hold for arrival that's we do. We never sail the same day we get to a port. To many things can happen like cancel flights weather etc. The price is much less as well. You can do your own tracing as well.

Archived