Anyone been to Krystal PV lately?

dsnycruiser

We will be visiting PV in August and are looking for a nice place, not too far from the ships, to spend the day with our four children, ranging in age from 22 months to 10 years. I have read good things about the Krystal PV. I was wondering whether anyone has been there lately and whether they were charged the day fee? If so, does anyone know if there is a charge for children or is it just for adults? I'm not sure that we want a massage...we're mainly looking for a nice, clean place to swim and relax. I'm sure we'll be buying food and drinks also.

Thanks for the help,

Kim

I was there a few weeks ago and was not charged a fee. Walk right in and went straight to the beach. One of the workers saw us coming and he immediately dusted off some loungers for us to sit in. Then a few minutes later, the waiter came to ask if we wanted anything to drink. We were never charged the fee. We used their swimming pools/restrooms and everything. It's a great place to go.

We were there just a month ago with our two children and were not charged a fee. There was a person posted at the gate but she just asked to see our cruise cards. We showed them to her and she let us in, no questions asked. It's a great place to spend a day enjoying the beach and pools. And don't rule out the massage. I had one and it was great!

Do you need to bring towels from the ship? Or, will the hotel also provide towels?

We have been to the Krystal twice and were never provided with a towel. We always just bring our own from the ship.

We were there last month (April). We just walked from the ship with our towels. There was a sign saying $20 USD pp day fee. I went to the lobby and asked where we paid the fee and was told to just go on back.

We had a great day. You will love it. Great pool, wonderful service, cold drinks and the beach.

Smooth sailing.

We will be heading down the second week of June via Disney Cruise Line and had wanted to enjoy the beach, but dose anyone know if Krystal rents water "toys" like jet skis? Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks for the replies so far. Sftnslky, we will also be in PV with DCL, but we are on the PC Repo in August. I can't wait! If you happen to visit Krystal, will you come back and report on your trip? :)

We have an excursion booked to Paradise Village Beach Resort through the cruiseline, but I am really considering canceling this and visiting Krystal instead. Anyone been to Paradise Village Beach Resort? If so, how does it compare to Krystal?

Thanks,

Kim

Thanks for the replies so far. Sftnslky, we will also be in PV with DCL, but we are on the PC Repo in August. I can't wait! If you happen to visit Krystal, will you come back and report on your trip? :)

We have an excursion booked to Paradise Village Beach Resort through the cruiseline, but I am really considering canceling this and visiting Krystal instead. Anyone been to Paradise Village Beach Resort? If so, how does it compare to Krystal?

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

We went to the Paradise Village Beach Resort on our Disney cruise when they were on the West Coast in 2005. This was before we knew about the Krystal Vallarta. The Paradise is a very nice resort, but it is a good 30 to 45 minute drive so it takes time away from your day to get there and back. The Krystal is just a 10 minute walk and in my opinion it's equally as nice. The beach and pool area are closer together at the Krystal whereas they are more separated at Paradise Village. Plus the Krystal is free as opposed to paying for an expensive shore excursion. We paid well over $100 for a beach day that we could have had for free by just walking over to Krystal and we would have had just as much, if not more, fun. Knowing what I do now I would choose the Krystal and save the money for something else.

We will be heading down the second week of June via Disney Cruise Line and had wanted to enjoy the beach, but dose anyone know if Krystal rents water "toys" like jet skis? Thanks in advance. :)

We were just there in April. There were some kyaks, horses and waverunners in the area. If you don't see them, tell a vendor you want to rent them and they can usually spread the word to those that have them. Sometimes they go back and forth between the Krystal area and the Westin, which are separated by the cruise ship marina.

In the past, there were more options right outside the Westin and Mayan Palace, which are right next door to one another and about a 5 minute, $5 taxi ride. The Westin has Nikki Beach which will allow beach use provided you eat there. There were private boats, banana boat rides, waverunners, parasailing and clustered in this area.

Hi Kim,

We went to the Paradise Village Beach Resort on our Disney cruise when they were on the West Coast in 2005. This was before we knew about the Krystal Vallarta. The Paradise is a very nice resort, but it is a good 30 to 45 minute drive so it takes time away from your day to get there and back. The Krystal is just a 10 minute walk and in my opinion it's equally as nice. The beach and pool area are closer together at the Krystal whereas they are more separated at Paradise Village. Plus the Krystal is free as opposed to paying for an expensive shore excursion. We paid well over $100 for a beach day that we could have had for free by just walking over to Krystal and we would have had just as much, if not more, fun. Knowing what I do now I would choose the Krystal and save the money for something else.

Mary,

Thanks for taking the time to post your opinions. We've never been to PV before. Is there anything really exciting to see (scenery-wise) while on the drive to Paradise Village? I had thought about the drive, and honestly, my kids would probably rather not spend that much time on the road. We're going to drag them around to do some sight-seeing in some of our other ports so I really wanted to make this a fun day for them. Also, like you said, going to Krystal would save us a lot of money. I really think we may give it a try! :)

Thanks,

Kim

No reply back from my emails to them multiple times. Err... and we leave on June 1st!

Have you checked your spam folder? Some people have reported not seeing the response emails from Millenium because they were sent to the junk file. Just a thought.

We've never been to PV before. Is there anything really exciting to see (scenery-wise) while on the drive to Paradise Village?

Kim I don't remember much in the way of scenery on the drive. It was pretty much on a highway with very little to see. It wasn't what I would consider a scenic drive. In fact, my DD slept for most of the trip back to the ship!

We went to the Krystal in March and thought it was great. Nice restaurant, clean restrooms, very nice pools and a nice beach. We were not charged a fee. It would be especially good for the OP because there are shallow areas in the inter-connecting pools that would be good for a toddler to splash around (with supervision, of course). Also there's a playground. Take towels from the ship, though, or you'll have to rent some from the hotel.

--Junglejane

We'll be in PV next week and plan to go to Krystal. Can anyone give me directions from the cruise ship dock? Thanks in advance.

Jo Ann

I'll do my best to describe the short cut, but if you are at all confused just ask anyone at the dock when you leave and they can probably point you in the right direction.

At the dock is a square with an outdoor market filled with vendors. Just past this market area there is a street and if you go to the left it will lead you out to the main street. DON'T GO THAT WAY! If you go to the left and end up on the main street it does lead to the Krystal Vallarta, but it is the long, hot way. Instead you will want to go across the street, almost directly across from the market area and you will see a cobblestone alleyway that will lead you to the Krystal.

At the entrance to the alley there is a big white wall with the yellow wall behind it with a gate opening into the alleyway which is lined with other small hotels, timeshares and businesses. Follow it for a couple of blocks and this alley will lead you right to the back entrance of the Krystal. There is a gate at that entrance and there will be someone there who will ask to see your cruise cards before allowing you in. When we went in April they did not charge us, just confirmed we were cruise passengers and then opened the gate and let us in.

I hope this helps!

We'll be in PV next week and plan to go to Krystal. Can anyone give me directions from the cruise ship dock? Thanks in advance.

Jo Ann

Check this out...kind of cool...mouse over the square at the top that is the cruise ship terminal...then go down 4 squares along the beach that is Krystal ....you can see the little side street by zooming in =]

PV Map

I'll do my best to describe the short cut, but if you are at all confused just ask anyone at the dock when you leave and they can probably point you in the right direction.

At the dock is a square with an outdoor market filled with vendors. Just past this market area there is a street and if you go to the left it will lead you out to the main street. DON'T GO THAT WAY! If you go to the left and end up on the main street it does lead to the Krystal Vallarta, but it is the long, hot way. Instead you will want to go across the street, almost directly across from the market area and you will see a cobblestone alleyway that will lead you to the Krystal.

At the entrance to the alley there is a big white wall with the yellow wall behind it with a gate opening into the alleyway which is lined with other small hotels, timeshares and businesses. Follow it for a couple of blocks and this alley will lead you right to the back entrance of the Krystal. There is a gate at that entrance and there will be someone there who will ask to see your cruise cards before allowing you in. When we went in April they did not charge us, just confirmed we were cruise passengers and then opened the gate and let us in.

I hope this helps!

This is a very good description of the shorter route. To a tee. We just got back Sunday. The only thing you have to encounter now is alot of construction. Also when we left the gate was locked and had to go out the front entrance. Longer walk, but not too bad.

Archived