Carnival to make "a major cruise industry announcement." in Mobile 8/18

CruiseCentric

The official word will come down Monday..FINALLY!!:D

Also an announcement will be made on Tuesday in New Orleans..

http://blog.al.com/live/2008/08/mobile_ala_may_be_getting_a_bi.html

Monday's news event will held at 1:30 p.m. aboard the Fantasy, a 2056-passenger ship that has been using Mobile as its home base since a Mississippi River oil spill chased it from New Orleans last month.

Carnival has also scheduled some kind of announcement in New Orleans on Tuesday morning. Chris Bonura, a spokesman for the port of New Orleans, referred questions to Carnival, which declined to release details about either briefing.

I see they finally decided to move Holiday back to NOLA and leave Fantasy in Mobile. :p

Yuck. :rolleyes: I love Fantasy but hate Holiday. Nola is my favorite port to cruise from so I hope they put a good ship there.

Yuck. :rolleyes: I love Fantasy but hate Holiday. Nola is my favorite port to cruise from so I hope they put a good ship there.

I'm just kidding. I look for Triumph to be added to NOLA with Fantasy, and then any available Fantasy class to replace Holiday in Mobile.

I am expecting the Triumph to do 7 day sailings out of New Orleans and the Fantasy to do 7 day sailings out of Mobile. That was not a typo...I think it will do 7 day sailings out of Mobile.

What will replace Fantasy in NOLA doing 4/5 days?

My guess, based on the timing of the press conferences

Sensation to Mobile

Triumph to Nawlins.

I cant imagine they would have a press conference on Monday to announce that the only ship in Nawlins is moving to Mobile and then wait an entire day to announce its replacement. So that leads me to believe they will leave Fantasy in Nawlins.

Guess we will find out Monday.

Pitboss32

Having a ship doing 1 cruise a week, would really hurt Mobile. They can make twice as much money having two sailings a week.

Plus I cant see Carnival going backwards and using a Fantasy class ship to do 7 day sailings. They already have Destiny scheduled to do 4/5 cruises in the fall.

Question for you all, and forgive me if I've missed a key point or am just thick:

When will changes go into effect? I'm cruising on Triumph in January out of Miami. I don't care what ship I go on, but just wondering when changes might occur so I know to expect something different come the new year.

Thanks!

I am expecting the Triumph to do 7 day sailings out of New Orleans and the Fantasy to do 7 day sailings out of Mobile. That was not a typo...I think it will do 7 day sailings out of Mobile.

I don't see any fantasy class ship doing a 7 day........

Question for you all, and forgive me if I've missed a key point or am just thick:

When will changes go into effect? I'm cruising on Triumph in January out of Miami. I don't care what ship I go on, but just wondering when changes might occur so I know to expect something different come the new year.

Thanks!

Wont know until they make the announcement. I would think you are safe. If Truimph moves it probably wouldnt happen that soon.

Wont know until they make the announcement. I would think you are safe. If Truimph moves it probably wouldnt happen that soon.

Ok, thanks. I wasn't concerned about Triumph changing, I just wanted to make sure I was still sailing out of Miami! Changing those frequent flier tickets ain't easy. :D

Thanks for the answer...

My guess is the annoucement the op is referring to is regarding the category changes that are initially being rolled out on the Valor....

See this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=827934

Totally different issues. They wouldnt have a press conference in MOBILE to announce that. They will use a press release to handle that.

My best guess is the Triumph sailings in NOLA would start in late '09. Not seeing any Triumph itineraries currently after the first week of November, 2009, so if we're guessing right, new sailings could be availabe for sale next week maybe!

A couple of months ago on the Carnival website, there was a link to new itineraries. It had Triumph doing a special 9 day Canadian cruise then moving to Nawlins in Nov.

It stayed up about a day, before it was removed from the site.

There have been reports on and off that the Conquest is scheduled to come back here to New Orleans. That would please me...save me a drive to Galveston next January.:cool:

Not going to happen. Just awhile back Carnival announced that the Conquest would be doing some 7 day Eastern Caribbean sailings on these dates:

2009......Feb 15 Mar 15 Mar 29 May 17 Jun 14 Jul 12 Aug 9 Sep 20 Oct 18 Nov 15 Dec 13

2010.......Jan 10 Feb 7 Mar 7 Apr 4

Feb. 15th is already sold out!!

I don't see any fantasy class ship doing a 7 day........

You also didn't understand based upon your :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: from a previous thread that those obstructed 6b's on Valor were going to go to 4g's. Can lightning strike twice?

You also didn't understand based upon your :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: from a previous thread that those obstructed 6b's on Valor were going to go to 4g's. Can lightning strike twice?

Why would Carnival want to use a Fantasy class ship to do 7 day sailings???

Totally different issues. They wouldnt have a press conference in MOBILE to announce that. They will use a press release to handle that.

That press release has already happened. Carnival released the information to the media and on their website earlier this week.

Archived