Stateroom recategorization for the entire "Fun Ship" fleet!

Luluwa

:( Carnival Cruise Lines will launch an extensive stateroom recategorization encompassing the entire "Fun Ship" fleet. The Carnival Valor will be the first ship to feature the new accommodation categories and it will be effective for all new bookings on Friday, August 15, 2008. The balance of the fleet will be recategorized by the end of 2008. Cabin assignments and pricing on existing reservations will not be affected.

Under the reclassification of stateroom categories, Carnival's accommodations will now be categorized based on a variety of location factors such as mid-ship, aft, and forward, as well as proximity to key public areas and specific decks.

We implemented this change to more clearly define our stateroom categories based on location and features. We believe it will enable guests to easily identify the category that best suits their specific needs and preferences.

This will be a real revenue generator for Carnival, for sure. All those folks who are sold on the idea that mid-ship cabins are the best will now pay for them.....

You can bet those coveted mid-ship staterooms will bring premium prices.....

How little it matters where you are on these huge ships!

It will probably have the biggest impact on the "guarantee" program - and prices.

Frankly, as long as I'm on the ship and my cabin has a balcony, I don't care where it is.........

This will be a real revenue generator for Carnival' date=' for sure. All those folks who are sold on the idea that mid-ship cabins are the best will now pay for them.....

You can bet those coveted mid-ship staterooms will bring premium prices.....

How little it matters where you are on these huge ships!

[/quote']

If it will be anything like Princess it is not that much more. And yes it does matter to some where their cabin is located and they will certainly pay a little more for it.;) Evidently they see the demand for midship or they wouldn't be implementing this.

The only impact I see for the guarantee's would be if they included the obstructed view cabins (7A's with 8A's) .

I booked 2462 for a November 2009 cruise as a solo 1A and now it shows as a 6B. I wonder if they will honor my price or raise it?

From the link I posted

Carnival says room assignments and pricing on existing reservations will not be affected.

Did ya'all notice the OV afts on Main deck are now 6Ds??!! Two categories up from the 6Bs they used to be. I always said Id rather have one of those aft cabins on Main, they must have heard me.

The aft balconies are now 8g's when they use to be 8a's but now they are the SAME price as 9a's:eek: :eek: :eek:

Since I thought it was complicated to begin with, how much worse can it get. I do not understand what any of it means. I only know that I have a balcony that apparently is a 6A, which means we are on the Upper deck. I guess it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it all out, the higher the deck the higher the number. And not to forget all the symbols that indicate it has a couch, uppers, downers (Yes I made that one up :p ), obscure view round window, two large windows and last but not least, the aft wraps that I really want to have. But then they have to add the a,b,c,d, and so on as they are insides, outsides and all the sides there are. And don't forget the Spa Staterooms that have this but don't have that but since you apparently want to stay in good shape, you can't smoke in the Spa Rooms Then we get into the suites and.....

Whatever they come up with will never make any more sense.

Did ya'all notice the OV afts on Main deck are now 6Ds??!! Two categories up from the 6Bs they used to be. I always said Id rather have one of those aft cabins on Main, they must have heard me.

They are now 8G's on the Verandah deck. My reservation went from 8C to 8D.:)

Bill

Do they have the new prices out yet:confused:

Just for the Valor and the aft cabins on the upper deck that was 8a's are now 8g's same price as 9a's. I do not know if any others are out yet or not:confused:

Since I thought it was complicated to begin with, how much worse can it get. I do not understand what any of it means. I only know that I have a balcony that apparently is a 6A, which means we are on the Upper deck. I guess it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it all out, the higher the deck the higher the number. And not to forget all the symbols that indicate it has a couch, uppers, downers (Yes I made that one up :p ), obscure view round window, two large windows and last but not least, the aft wraps that I really want to have. But then they have to add the a,b,c,d, and so on as they are insides, outsides and all the sides there are. And don't forget the Spa Staterooms that have this but don't have that but since you apparently want to stay in good shape, you can't smoke in the Spa Rooms Then we get into the suites and.....

Whatever they come up with will never make any more sense.

I think you mean 8A or if it really is a 6A you meant oceanview.

Bill

i just went and did a mock booking on the Valor, using the past guest special. I found it incredibly confusing, particularly when adding in "free upgrades." Makes me think I'll just book a guarantee in the future, so I don't have to stress about it. LOL

If I can't get a 1A with a window I always do a guarantee OV. I don't care where the cabin is as long as I have natural light.

I think you mean 8A or if it really is a 6A you meant oceanview.

Bill

Your right Bill thanks, it is an 8A we do have a balcony at least that is what I upgraded to, see you guys know more of what I have than I do.

I guess my rambling meant that how many people, except for the experts here of course, really know what is what?

If it will be anything like Princess it is not that much more. And yes it does matter to some where their cabin is located and they will certainly pay a little more for it.;) Evidently they see the demand for midship or they wouldn't be implementing this.

The only impact I see for the guarantee's would be if they included the obstructed view cabins (7A's with 8A's) .

I agree. Midship cabins have always been most desired. It hails from the days when ships were much, much smaller and fore and aft cabins were where most of the movement was noticed. Especially forward. In rough seas, those small ships not only went up and down over the waves but also moved side-to-side in a sort of "rotating" movement. Only the strong of stomach didn't mind that. Then there was the terribly loud clanging of the anchor chain early morning that would have awakened the dead.

Aft, the vibration was incredible from the props. It was so bad sometimes it felt like the air pressure changed and your ears were affected.... Of course, that didn't happen but it was unpleasant at times, for sure.

On these new monster ships, with the very latest technology, those areas don't have the same intense experience. The ship would have to be in very rough water for any sort of unpleasant movement to be uncomfortable. When that does happen, usually the whole ship is experiencing some sort of movement.

Midship is usually more convenient to the elevators and ships venues, too.

My comment was more about not being sold a bill of goods. Most people could cruise in a forward or aft cabin quite comfortably on todays ships. But, the choice should be based on preference, not on fear of vibration or movement.:)

Archived