?Shuttle from Houston to Galveston

bobo5551

Hi all. We are going on Rhapsody in January, and are flying into Houston. Does anyone know of any shuttle services available (or other transport options?) We booked our cruise on Orbitz so I apparently can't get a shuttle through Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for the help.

Bobo

Galveston Limo services Hobby (at least it did a couple of years ago). It was $50 per person round trip. Very prompt courteous service. Their website is galvestonlimo.com--there is an 800 number there if you want to talk to someone.

[quote name='Dick & Linda']Been on two Galveston cruises. RCI only does shuttles from the International airport. Going into Hobby, a cab for about $75 is the only option. Want more details, e-mail us.

([email="rllipinski@valornet.com)"]rllipinski@valornet.com)[/email][/QUOTE]

Not true.

RCI's shuttle from Hobby to the pier is $32 RT. There are also at least 2 car rental agencies,Hertz and Enterprise,that have cruise service.Galveston Limo's as mentioned also does service to Hobby,although it seems to be not quite as frequent as IAH.There are other Limo,van shuttles that service both airports.
[url="http://www.galveston.com"]www.galveston.com[/url] and click on transportation.Galveston limos schedule to the airports is posted on their website.

Hi brn2crz,

Thanks for the update. When we took our first cruise out of Galveston and flew into Hubby, RCI did not have shuttle service from there. I didn't notice a RCI shuttle sign so we went right to the cab. There are plenty of people flying into Hubby to support a shuttle. Thanks again.

Definitely recommend Galveston Limo. They are a shuttle service, not a true limo service. They service Houston's International airport and Hobby. We used them last year and were highly satisfied. We flew in the day before - there were a couple of people on the shuttle that lived in Galveston and used the service extensively. In other words, it's a daily service, not just for the cruise passengers.

They have a website, 800 number, and a definite schedule. Would definitely recommend checking them out.

We're also on the Rhapsody on Jan 23rd. Flying into Hobby the day before and renting from Enterprise - price was cheaper than limo plus we have transportation for the 2 days. We'll pick up another car for the trip back to Hobby - don't want to wait on a shuttle schedule and I understand sometimes there aren't enough taxis to meet the demand when a ship disembarks. The drive is very easy from Hobby down to Galveston - I've made it in about 45 minutes (or an hour with heavier traffic).

We have used this service several times and never had a problem. They promptly deliver you to the port and pick you up when get back. I do recommend making reservations with them in advance. Happy sailing.

Archived