Time Allowance Civitavecchia/FCO?

Hi Chris,

That might be cutting it close. I have been told that it is 1 - 2 hour drive depending on traffic. I am on the Galaxy July 2 - 12 and booked our flight out at 1:00PM. I am even paranoid about that!

Good luck / Mark

I called Celebrity this morning and they told me that if you bought the transfers from them that the EARLIEST flight they could get you to would be 10AM. I'm booked on a flight out at 12pm and they said that I should be fine. Hope that helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by interliner:
Hello Everyone,

We arrive Civitavecchia on Galaxy on a Friday morning at 0800. Is it feasible to make an 1130 departure from FCO? If so, specific recommendations appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Chris/Bedford, TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have booked a limo out of Civitavecchia to FCO airport and the limo company advised that the transfer takes 1 hour. What is more important is, what time will you be disembarking the ship. You should definitely request early disembarkation. Even then, my TA would not book us on a flight earlier than 12.

Hope this helps,
Veronique

Last year we had a limo pick us up and drive us to FCO for our 12.30pm flight.

We were picked up at 8.30am and I thought we had loads of time. We didn't allow for a traffic hazard which lasted 45 minutes which meant the trip to the airport was over 2 hours.

Luckily we arrived at FCO at 11.45am. At check in there were huge queues. As we were going Business we were lucky and went straight through.

We even managed to have enough time to stand in the line for Vat refund. If you spend more than a certain amount anywhere in Europe you are entitled to this refund. You get it at your last port of call and it is certainly worth receiving.

There was a huge queue and took us another 45 minutes. We did not have much time before boarding the plane.

Also at FCO you usually have to take a train to the gate where you board after you have gone through customs. This all takes time.

I would be making sure that I could leave the ship as early as possible for those early flights. Good luck.

Jennie

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

Archived