LeHarve to Honfleur

mcfreck

Does anyone wish to share a taxi from the port of Le Harve to Honfleur. There are two of us and we will be exploring Honfleur on our own. I understand the price is approximately 50 Euros for the taxi hire. Our times are very flexible. If you want to explore Honfleur on your own, this might be the way to go.

Does anyone wish to share a taxi from the port of Le Harve to Honfleur. There are two of us and we will be exploring Honfleur on our own. I understand the price is approximately 50 Euros for the taxi hire. Our times are very flexible. If you want to explore Honfleur on your own, this might be the way to go.

It might work better if you went over to your cruiise's Roll Call. Use the selection at the top for Celebrity Roll Call, pick your Ship and then your cruise.

Since you don't list what ship or what date you are in Le Harve, this thread will get nothing but questions.

Denny

We decided not to go to Paris or the other long bus trips and took a taxi over to Honfleur. Sorry, I forget how much. Had him meet us back there that afternoon.

I took a picture of almost every buidling/doorway. Fantastic. Little hilly town around a little port. Great places to wander and shop, and eat!

Loved it.

Shared a taxi there and back. Met a couple on the ship and did it. That might work also. Just wait. Not a big deal.

We really didn't need the taxi to return to get us since there were taxis all over the place when we decided to return, but it was good to have the security.

Denny

We were in LeHavre about 7 years ago and rented a car to visit FeCamp and Etretat. Great little shore towns. We drove down to Honfleur and met several people from our cruise ship that had taken the bus there from LeHavre. You might want to check that out.

We are "independent explorers" and took the regional bus from the Le Havre bus terminal (next to the rail station) to and from Honfleur without any problems whatsoever. I recall the regional bus company name was Calvados. After several hours of strolling around Honfleur and a lunch of moules/frites, we walked back to the Honfleur bus station and had a glass or two of wine in a local watering hole while awaiting the return bus to Le Havre. The tourist information desk at the port of Le Havre was very helpful in providing maps and instructions. We even bought a dirt cheap local bus day pass which we used to get to and from the Le Havre station. However way you choose to get to Honfleur, you will not be disappointed. The Honfleur trip seemed to be a popular option for others on our ship and at the end of the day we appeared to be a cheerier lot than those who took the longish trip to Paris.

Archived