Is the trip to Tikal worth the price?

Rosethorn40

My husband and I are going on a Western Caribbean cruise (HAL-Rydam) in December. One of the excurisions is a plane trip to Tikal. The price is $499 each. If I really want to go to a Myan ruin, and I want to see more than just a pile of stone, is Tikal worth the price and the time commitment (9+ hours)?

• 4 weeks later...

I am traveling on the Statendam 11/27/09. We are stopping at Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala. HAL offers a trip to Tikal from there. I have been watching this thread for some information/opinion on the day trip. That did not happen so I posted a similar question on the HAL board and I have gotten some good responses. So go there and look at the Tikal threat. I hope it is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
I am traveling on the Statendam 11/27/09. We are stopping at Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala. HAL offers a trip to Tikal from there. I have been watching this thread for some information/opinion on the day trip. That did not happen so I posted a similar question on the HAL board and I have gotten some good responses. So go there and look at the Tikal threat. I hope it is helpful.

I saw your thread and there was good information, and I had just about made up my mind to go for it. However, when I went online to book, the tour was waitlisted :( My own fool fault as I waited too long to make up my mind. I never thought it would be sold out because of the price. In fact I thought it might get cancelled because not enough PAX would sign up for it. She who hesitates.....

Have a great time on your cruise next month, and if you decide to go to Tikal let me know how it was (Sob!)

• 2 months later...

Archived