Cost of taxi to Maho beach

susibell2

My husband and I were there back in March. I am not sure about the cost of a taxi, but we took the bus. From what I understand they use the same type of vehicle as both a taxi and bus (smallish van). The cost for the bus was $2/person each way. The driver was very knowledgable and told us a lot about the island and gave recommendations on restaurants/bars and things to do. It was like a mini-tour :p. We both felt very safe, and the buses were easy to catch on the street right past the main shopping drive (I can't remember the street name). On the way back we caught a bus back right at the traffic circle by Maho. Don't know if this is something you would consider, but we found it was a good way to save a few dollars to use on drinks once we got to the Sunset Beach Bar ;)! Either way have a fabulous trip!

The bus does not go to the cruise ship pier. You will have to walk 20 minutes or so from the pier to Back Street in Phillipsburg where you get the bus. The bus will drop you off close to Maho. You then will repeat the whole process back to the ship, so figure with the bus slogging down Back Street making frequent stops you have added an hour to the travel time alone.

The alternative is to catch a group cab at the pier going directly to Maho, bypassing crowded Phillipsburg and Back Street. And the cabbie will be more then happy to give you the tour guide spiel.

The cost, for groups of 4 or more, is $ 7 pp each way. But you get a minimum of one hour added on to do additonal stuff on the island, like shop at the stores at the pier. Or toss down a few at SBB.

2203058580096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

SBB

2362372390096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived