Pack a suit/ Thomson celebration

If you put it in a separate carrier, you will either have to check it in with your case (does the info on luggage allowance say only one case each? - if so they may treat that as excess baggage, or not allow it at all) or take it on board as your carry-on luggage and here you are definitely told only one item per person, so then you couldn't take a flight bag or similar. You can take it on as 'carry-on' if it's a sailing out of the UK of course - one reason these itineraries are popular 'cos you don't need to worry about luggage allowances!

I don't know how other posters tackle this one but I pack out the bottom of our bigger case with soft items (nightwear, underwear etc) to fill the 'ridges' where the extendable handle goes into the body of the case, then when I've got it fairly flat, I put DH's jacket in first then the trousers and usually they come out pretty well. There is a free self-service laundry room on Celebration though if you need it!! ;)

Enjoy your trip - we loved this itinerary. :)

Thank you for your prompt reply regarding packing my husbands suit, he says if I didn't take a medical chest every time we went away there would be more room for clothes. It's the nurse in me, unless I have the Boots pharmacy with me I can't relax.

A little bit concerned that the chances of the ship stopping in Santorini seem slim after reading other members comments , that was one of the main reasons we booked Pearls of the Aegean.However what ever will be will be.

I have been reading the comments on this site for the last few weeks, the advice on many subjects has been so helpful.

Does anyone know how much the offical photographs are to buy of the Captains meal etc.

I'm not absolutely certain because I don't buy the photos, but I think they're about £14.99 (someone will correct me if that's not right) - the last time we were on I think they had an offer whereby you could buy 3 for the price of two. They take photos of you at every turn and a video on trips and deck parties etc. which you can buy at the end of your cruise. They throw literally 1000's of photos away though, and I would have thought if they'd ask a more sensible price - say £5 a time - they'd sell loads of them. I'd buy some at that price for sure. It doesn't make good economic sense to me printing all those photos which go to waste. You can have your photo taken with the Captain on Gala night if you wish - and the official photographers come round the tables taking more. You could of course, take in your own camera and ask the waiters to take a pic - they're really obliging (though you can't use your own camera to get a picture with the Capt!).

I do hope you get to land in Santorini - we did in May so must have been very lucky but I must say it was quite choppy and a bit hairy getting the tenders to the berthing platform and then getting into the tenders! There often seems to be a wind there which makes it difficult. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway. Good luck! :)

Re... packing the suit......trousers just pack flat folded in half with tissue paper or scrunched up bin liner inside fold. Jacket I put scrunched up bin liners (white ones) down each sleeve lay jacket on its back and fold in half bottom to top with scrunched up bin liners across the fold and then when you unpack hang in the bathroom while you have a shower and the steam will help the creases (if any) out.

We are going on our first cruise on the 18th Sept ,Pearls of Aegean, have treated my husband to black evening suit , not the worlds best packer at the best of times. What does everyone else do , pack the jacket in the case or put it in a special suit carrier.

allthough I pack hubby dinner suit in tissue, it all ways seems to still have small creases so i allways allow my self the small inexpensive luxery of giving it to the steward for pressing comes back very fast.

have a great hols

Archived