Help from Costa Cruisers

InDreams2

Hi

My nieces and nephews and myself are looking for a cruise for my sister's 50th wedding aniversary. They don't do climbing walls but they are still very active. They've have wanted to see the Ukraine and we found Costa has a 12 day cruise with 2 stops there. Now to the problem (possibly). They have not travelled a lot to anywhere that doesn't speak English. I'm not concerned with the ports because they won't expect English there however I have heard that sailing with Costa you may have a problem with communication. I've read that English could be the 4th language for announcements. The trip is May 26, Turkey, Black Sea, Greece. Now I would send them on one of the common ones (RC, Princess, NCL) however I can't find any that visit Odessa or Yalta. Any info would help us decide. Thanks

Costa crew all speak perfect English, you'll have absolutely no problems communicating on board their ships, so worry not about that aspect of your cruise :)

There are multilingual announcements BUT only done in 5 languages when it is meant for all passengers such as the muster drill...at other times, they do announcements in the language that the announcement is aimed at, for example, if a German passenger is required at the reception desk, a message in German will go out...if an English passenger is wanted, a message in English will go out over the PA.

The dining staff and cabin staff all wear flags on their uniforms to show their languages...and they are all fluent too...quite incredible to listen how they can chop and change from one to another without a second thought.

And how did you find the food and ships activities

In the Far East aboard Allegra, I had a choice of 10 courses for lunch and 12 course for evening meal...so really hard not to find anything that didn't appeal...and there is always the buffet if nothing grabs you in the main dining room :) The gelato is free, along with freshly made pizza and both are GORGEOUS!

Activities wise, there was always something going on...craft lessons, quizzes, bingo, outdoor games by the pool...the usual assortment really that can be found on any ship.

Allegra is almost the smallest ship in the fleet, so the larger ones will have more to offer still :)

Archived