how does boarding with wine work?

momi2ashlynn

hello all...

there are 4 adults in our group and we want to take 4 bottles of wine. we are hoping that they keep it in the dining room... not sure how it works... i know there is a cork fee i believe of 10 a bottle? do we turn it in when boarding what do we do... lol... we leave on the 19th so trying to find out all the info... we have never taken wine on always bought it ... but it is our anniversary so taking my favorite from our local winery... i dont want to keep it in our room... any info is appreciated...

thanks for all the help...

I should add that if you are doing anytime dining rather than scheduled dining, there can be a short delay with getting your wine to you immediately.

If you have scheduled dining, they are really good about having it waiting for you at your table when you arrive.

It is legal and accepted to carry on one bottle of wine per adult through security at embarkation. You can also choose to have it in your checked luggage, but run the risk of breakage.

Some ships will also allow one bottle of wine per adult through security when returning from ports, but some are very strict and insist it be checked and returned the last evening.

Carnival still does not know how to handle beer brought on ship. They have allowed amounts under 1 case it in place of wine at embarkation at most ports and they have allowed 6-packs brought in from ports. They do not want to deal with checked beer. On Fantasy last week, there was a warning in the capers that cases of beer from ports were not allowed; however, I saw several 6-packs brought in without question.

thanks you for all your replies... i am not sure if we are going to carry it on as it is ok to keep it in luggage... i think we may bubble rap it... so we take all for of them to dinner the first night, lol good thing we can all carry one or i would look like i really like my wine... i am ok with the cork fee if they charge as i would rather not have to worry about taking a glass each night and 2 of the bottles were gifts and were rather expensive... have been saving them for our anniversary... ;) didn't want to do anything to get them taken away !!!!

Wine mules...I like that...Maybe we can borrow them next cruise. :D

What we did was take a small cooler (collaspable/soft sided). If you all check in together...you hold hands and smile. Just walk on thru (our little cooler had wheels). Your steward will keep it iced for you if you want...OR you can put it in the fridge (have your steward open this for you...put all the stuff that's in it in the nightstand and replace it when you leave).

We...did not bother with the corkage fee. On our way to dinner we used the wine glasses in the room...Filled them up and took them with us. If the corkage fee is $10 bucks a pop this will save you $40 (that much more for the drinks of the day).

Carry it on with you. Bring your own corkscrew. Open your bottle, drink a glass or two in the room while getting ready for dinner...then refill your glass and take it to the dining room with you.

Or you can pay the corkage fee.

That is what I do on Princess where I knew their wine policy allowed you to bring a bottle/person on-board, I just didn't realize Carnival had the same policy.

My aunts are pretty cool, so they wouldn't have any issues in carrying wine onboard for our consumption, I would just to make sure I explain "wine mule" if I use the term in front of them. One would get it fairly quickly but the other is a bit naive, so it would take a bit more explanation for her to the "joke"

Archived