Back to Back procedures

oliverbc

We are on the Ryndaam Sept 11 up to Seward. We bought a balcony for half the trip through an upsell.We have a different booking number for the second half. Can anyone tell me what we have to do in Seward. Unless they upgrade us to the same cabin we will have to move cabins on the 18th. Anyone done this before? Help

I am so disappointed! I thought there would be lots of response to this question. Still no cabin. We sail on the 11th. Take pity on me if you have done this before. I mean back to back

Hi Oliverbc, I knew I'd seen a similar question in the last day or so. Here is a thread that can help you out and specifically Post #2 Storylady's is the first http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1052449

We have done several back-to-back cruises for Alaska where you got on the ship in Vancouver and went to Seward and then returned to Vancouver.

And we have had separate booking numbers.

In Seward -- you will do nothing!! No immigration or anything.

You can leave the ship whenever you want to -- that is so nice if you book a Kenai Fjord tour.

The night before the end of the first cruise you will get new ID cards.

To get off the ship you will use your old ID cards. When you decide to come to the ship you will use your new ID cards -- many times our new ID cards did not have our pictures transfer over from the old cards -- seems to happen everywhere for us -- no big deal -- just go to the front office and have them taken again.

Contact the TA you have used to do these bookings -- and have that TA keep working -- even if he/she has to call every month right now!!! -- to get you to have the same cabin.

But -- if you don't get the same cabin -- on the final morning of the first cruise -- go and introduce yourself to your new cabin stewards -- you will get this new cabin number in the letter the night before the end of the first cruise. Explain to your new cabin stewards that you are already on the ship and will be changing cabins and ask for them to let you know when the new cabin is ready.

Also let your old cabin stewards know that you are changing cabins and won't be moving until your new cabin is ready.

All you need to do is pack your toiliteries. The drawers you use -- just move them to the new cabin -- and move the empty ones to your old cabin. Leave everything on the hangers -- your cabins stewards can get a moving rack to move your clothes. Odds and ends -- throw into a suitcase.

We would like to see the aquarium. I fussed over a trip but they are all 4-5 hours long and I finally decided it was causing me too much stress. With all of my questions answered now we may change our mind. What do you suggest?

WE did go to see the Aquarium -- it is not large -- but very nice.

We have walked the town a couple of times.

The first time we were in Seward we did do the Kenai Fjords -- small boat -- a couple of people did get sick -- it was a great tour -- but you have to have a strong stomach.

We have eaten lunch at Ray's -- in the Harbor area -- the shuttle buses do stop there.

Archived