Valor review 8/23-8/30

deeolasingh

I'll start off by saying that this was the first time that I chose a cabin on the lowest deck and it was my favorite cabin... I

always book interior cabins cause I dont spend much time in there only to shower and sleep. And that I love the beach.. so I cruise

to visit the beaches mostly.

We flew into Miami from NYC the day before it was as smooth as it could be we rented a car and drove into Hallendale Bch and

stayed with a friend for the night.BTw I cruised with my DH and my Aunt and her BF. anyways back to the review. Got up early sunday

went out for breakfast hung out with my friend for a while and headed out to return the rental car we only put 43 miles on the car.

Our plan was to get a cab from the rental place to the port but to our suprise they had a free shuttle to the port so we took

advantage of that. got to the port around 12:30 and the line was long but moved at a good pace we were on and in our cabin by

1:30 and up on the lido deck awaitin my aunts arrival she flew in the same day. and not before long we were all at our muster station for

the drill. After the drill it was time for the sail away so there I was on the first night of my cruise watching beatiful miami as

we sailed by with a DOD in one hand and my camera in the other...

After the sail away we headed to our cabins to unpack, shower and we were off to explore the ship... BTW she is a beautiful ship...

we had late seating in the lincoln dinning room so we walked around for a while then off to dinner by 10 pm everyone was tired so we

turned in early that night.

Day 2 a fun day at sea my aunt and I were up early cause we wanted to get some sun by the pool the adult only pool... Im glad we were up

early cause the chogs were out in full force we were lucky to get to chairs by the pool.. the pool was always crowded but it was still nice

cause there wasnt a bunch of kids splashing everywhere. anyway we hung by the pool for a couple of hours then off to freshen up and hit the

shop.. today was the first dress up night. today was a lay low day we didnt do much of anything but relax.. Dinner was good and everyone

looked o so nice after dinner we went to walk the outside deck then stop by the disco for a lil while then off bed for we want to be

off the ship early the next morning

Day 3 Grand Cayman we went 7 mile beach and it was beautiful.. spent the whole day there the tender process wasnt as bad as I thought it was

going to be..we did a little shoppin at the port and back on the ship it was really hot today so the sun wore us out but it was okay cause

we had spent the day at beautiful beach doin what we like best takin in the beautiful sites while enjoy the crystal clear waters...

Tonight dinner was good and so was the show we did a late night adult only comedy club that was really good..after that it was off to bed

for another wonderful day was completed

Day 4 Roatan Island I loved LOVED this place we didnt do much we took a little tour which was on the way to tabyhanna beach we just grabbed

a bus right at the pier it was about 15 passenger so on the way few of the went zip lining and a few others went shoppin but the majority of

the people just wanted the beach..This beach was breathtakin and our tour guide was great her name is Ellia and she stayed with us the

whole entire day she took a liking to my aunt and I as we did to her so we hung out pretty much for the whole day she got us a couple of

free boat rides with the local.. we saw sea turtles ad some fish.. there was a lil bar hut on the beach called bananaramas that had good

food and drinks reasonalble prices they had glass bottom boat tours para sailing wave runner ect that was a really nice place and people were

so friendly..

Day 5 Belize here booked a tour with phils right at the port he gave a tour of belize city and took us to Altun Ha to see the ruins that was

pretty awesome some of the pyramids we total excavated and some still looked like hills they were discovered not so long ago.. I was

super hot that day and the bugs were out in full force so if you plan on visiting the ruins please use lots of bug spray... they had a feast

my ankles...also the tour was ok the ruins were nice but the tour guide drove way too fast so you never really go to see what he was

showing and never mind trying to take pictures...this was the only day that it really rained for the majority of the cruise it was sunny

and hot just the way i like it..after we left the ruins phil took us to lil gift shop that had wholesale prices I picked up a couple of

t-shirts and we were on our way back to the port by this time it was pouring and lighting and thundering and the tender line was full

but move really quickly we were on and back on the ship with in 25 minutes from when we got in line...this was an early nite for me

went to dinner and then back to the cabin to relax with DH...almost forgot I did go to bingo tonight and hit the jackpot... I split it

with another player I walked away with $375.00 they add it to you onboard account..

Day 6 Cozumel here we had wanted to go to Mr sanchos but ended up going to playa mia it was a short cab ride away it cost about 5 bucks

a person and we decided to go with the premium package which was 48.00 pp that included use of the facilites showers hammock lounge chairs

non motorized equipment unlimited beverages with booze or virgin bottled water ect.. the offered the usual glass bottom boat trip ect...

we had a great day at the beach we were one of the first people to get there so we had our choice of where wanted to be... before long

the beach was crowded but still nice they a couple of cute little shops there did little shoppin and then off to the port for more shopping

today was the second elegant night went to that and then to the comedy show which was great... then off to bed the beach wears you down...

Day 7 our last sea day...I was up extra early cause I wanted to hit the laundry mat Im glad I did they only have 3 washer and I needed

them all luckly no one came down to use any 0f them till all my clothes were in the dryer...I always try and do my laundry before I

get home especially if the last day is a sea day.. I did much of nothing today hung out by the adult only pool did a lil shopping took a

a couple of naps went to dinner and then a show which was pretty good it starred passengers that sang during the week at kariokee (sp?)

hung out on the aft deck for a little while with dh and then off to bed...

This cruise was a great cruise for many reasons... the weather was great the seas were calm the people were friendly the ports of call

were awesome the food was good the shows were good the ship is beautiful what more could I have asked for??

I was on this same cruise. We did different excursions. I will have to post a review also....I am just trying to get over post cruise depression. We did the Xuanatich ruins excursion with Carnival. It was awesome. It was far from the port, so no rain. It also was a higher elevation, so it wasn't hot. Also, we did not get bit by bugs which was a surprise.

I too love Roatan. We did a tour with Victor Bodden's company. Awesome! Great ship, great ports, great food....man I miss the Valor. I will write more soon.

Archived