Century/quiet reading areas

azalice

We are considering using Celebrity for the first time - the Century Med cruise Oct.2010. Other than staying in your cabin, are there areas you would consider quiet reading areas on the Century? It has been hard for me to find such areas on some ships.

Alice

We are considering using Celebrity for the first time - the Century Med cruise Oct.2010. Other than staying in your cabin, are there areas you would consider quiet reading areas on the Century? It has been hard for me to find such areas on some ships.

Alice

This is one thing I enjoy about Celebrity ships, their layout. Although there is a large contingent aboard, I just didn't feel it. Lots of sitting areas for visiting and reading.

For specifics, there is the Library for sure, but what I always enjoyed was the Cova Cafe. Although in the 'middle' of the flow, it was very well situated for personal visits and book reading. I sip a special coffee, use my mini-laptop (can get internet there) and read. They do have music groups at times and people walking through, but I found it very conductive for reading and relaxing.

The Hemisphere Lounge up forward on the Sports Deck is usually very low-key during the day if no group is using it. Great views.

Denny

My husband would spend alot of time during the day in the Hemisphere Lounge reading. Sometime they might have activies but most of the time it is quiet and like the last post said quiet and great views and comfortable seats. Century is our favorite ship. Great food and service.

They used to have lounge chairs out on deck 5 under the lifeboats. Very relaxing and not very busy. Maybe a shuffleboard game going on but that was all. On our last cruise, the chairs were gone, but I am sure you could ask to have one brought there for your reading pleasure.

Archived