How are the seas latley?

SunFunCruiser

• 2 weeks later...

I am worried about this also. We just got back from a western Caribbean cruise in December that was "gut wrenching". The waves were awful and walking down the hall was like being in a huge pinball machine...you just bounced back and forth all the way down the hall. We leave on the Wonder in three weeks and I am hoping the seas have calmed down by now. Just in case, I have my scop patches this time. Bonine usually helps me, but not last month. Keep your fingers crossed!

Irene

HI

We jus

t got off the Eastern route and it was rough !!

Sorry to say, but walking down the hallways was like a bad memory form my college days ( being so drunk you cannot walk a straight line )

Take your sea sick meds and you should be fine...

Enjoy

We cruised the Western Caribbean last week and the seas were very rough for the first 3 or 4 days (missed Grand Cayman because of it :( ). Walking in a straight line down the hallways was impossible but fortunately the seas calmed down mid-week.

We just got back from our cruise starting January 15th. The seas were pretty rough on Monday and Tuesday. The winds were 45 mph on tuesday so we couldn't go to grandcayman. This was our 4th cruise and this was the roughest seas we have encountered. But we didn't get sea sick. Just felt a little weird at night.

We just got back from our cruise starting January 15th. The seas were pretty rough on Monday and Tuesday. The winds were 45 mph on tuesday so we couldn't go to grandcayman. This was our 4th cruise and this was the roughest seas we have encountered. But we didn't get sea sick. Just felt a little weird at night.

What a shame, I'm sorry. That had to be disappointing.

We're booked for that week next year. Is it typical for this time of year? Our Jan. 9th cruise was perfect.

Just got back from the Western yesterday (2/4/05). Seas were fine until our Castaway Cay day. The captain almost gave up on docking there due to rough seas, and the weather was horrible. We got back on the ship an hour after getting there. The ride home was rough, and we had very rough seas. Although we didn't mind the rocking, my nine year old was scared and needed to be comforted. It rocked my three year old out of his bed. My husband and I had a great time looking out our porthole (second floor) and watching the huge swells. It was neat and impressive. Plus it made for a "cheap date". After having two long island's, walking back to our cabin my husband said he felt like he had 6!

and we had rough seas coming back from Nassau. It doesn't bother me, puts me to sleep, but DH can't sleep (or even sit) when it's rough, so he spent the night standing in the cabin. He tried to walk around on the ship, but he said that alot of people were green around the gills, which made him feel even worse! Needless to say he spent most of Saturday sleeping!! I, on the other hand was WELL rested!! LOL!

We just got off of the Wonder today and the seas were rough. It was only the 1st and the last day that you could feel the most movement. It was cold and windy, but we still had a great time. The captain reported on our last night that we could expect up to 14 ft waves- it was pretty bumpy when I fell asleep around midnight after packing but some of my family members reported that it became bumpier later in the night as we passed through the Florida straights. It wasn't the worst I've been through, so it didn't bother me.

I want to go again :D

Archived