Preservation Society of Newport

wishIwascruising

I read on this Board that if you were planning on visiting the Newport Mansions to join the Preservation Society of Newport County. The information I read said that for $75.00/dual membership that you had FREE admission to the mansions and did not have to wait in lines. I just received my membership card & letter and I think that there may have been some misinformation given. You will receive a member guest pass good for one year that gives you complimentary admission to ONE of the Newport Mansions, valid for ONE person. There is no mention about preferential entry. The phone # is 401-847-1000 for the society for any information or www.NewportMansions.org. The $75.00 fee is tax deductible.

I read on this Board that if you were planning on visiting the Newport Mansions to join the Preservation Society of Newport County. The information I read said that for $75.00/dual membership that you had FREE admission to the mansions and did not have to wait in lines. I just received my membership card & letter and I think that there may have been some misinformation given. You will receive a member guest pass good for one year that gives you complimentary admission to ONE of the Newport Mansions, valid for ONE person. There is no mention about preferential entry. The phone # is 401-847-1000 for the society for any information or www.NewportMansions.org. The $75.00 fee is tax deductible.

There is a very good chance that you read this info from one of my posts. Here is the information copied and pasted directly from their website using your link.

Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of The Preservation Society of Newport County. The benefits of joining are many:

• Personalized membership card granting free and unlimited admission to regular tours at all Society properties
  • Front of the line entrance privileges at all properties
  • Savings on special events including lectures, films, academic programs and children's activities
  • 10% discount at the Newport Mansions Stores
  • Annual subscription to the Preservation Society's journal, the Newport Gazette
  • Complimentary copy of the Preservation Society's Annual Report
  • Member window decal
  • Opportunity to rent Rosecliff for a private function
  • Monthly E-newsletter
  • 1 membership pass to the Rooftop and Behind the Scenes Tour of The Elms

We used our card several times last time when we where there and I fully intend to use it again in two weeks.

Archived