Cabin upgrades, what is the best chance?

I am leaving Sat. on Legends of the Seas, round trip Rome. We have an inside cabin on deck 2. We have never stayed that low on a ship before and was wondering if we were to inquire about an upgrade, is it worth moving up to higher decks even if it is still an inside cabin? It would be great if we could get something OV and I will ask and hope for the best. I am assuming that most everyone asks for an upgrade, we never have and will be OK if it does not work out as I know I could have booked and outside cabin originally. What are my chances, does anyone have an opinion?

most cruises sail full. you MIGHT be able to buy an upgrade at the pier, but as for just getting one for free...slim and none...as they will first upgrade Diamond Plus members...

sometimes you have better luck if you booked a guarantee cabin...

sometimes the upgrade fairy just picks people.

we are diamond and in 8 cruises with RCCL in JS cabins (excpet once) we have never been offered an upgrade...

i wouldn't hold your breath. (but you can cross your fingers)

but to answer your other question, being up a little higher is probably a good thing as you're closer to the "stuff" and a little farther away from the water.....

We booked a guarantee and ended up on deck 2 (also not thrilled) our TA asked if there wasn't something better and we got deck 3 more toward the center--much better. She is going to try again this week for something on 4 but also towards center. Tjese are all inside cabins and there was no extra money.

I am leaving Sat. on Legends of the Seas, round trip Rome. We have an inside cabin on deck 2. We have never stayed that low on a ship before and was wondering if we were to inquire about an upgrade, is it worth moving up to higher decks even if it is still an inside cabin? It would be great if we could get something OV and I will ask and hope for the best. I am assuming that most everyone asks for an upgrade, we never have and will be OK if it does not work out as I know I could have booked and outside cabin originally. What are my chances, does anyone have an opinion?

Your cruise is virtually sold out.

Be happy with what you booked.

:)

Archived