Castaways closed

tmlawchick

• 2 weeks later...

I read, not until November, but then someone else said closed for the winter......................humm, who to believe??? We met Cowetamom in May on the Fascination, when I asked her on FB, she felt the day pass was great. We're re-thinking Antigua. Suejoe read another thread about a snack bar/bar and basic bathroom (humm, porta-potty?) at Castaways. I think it was one of the Carnival Victory reviews (not Cigar Dude)............omg, I spend way too much time on CC, lol :eek: We're thinking maybe Valley Church Beach.

Have no fear cruisers! Castaways IS indeed closed until sometime in October. But, "they" (I am not sure if this is restaurant staff and owners, or just people that know the area is popular) have set up amenities for guests on the beach. They have food grilling daily, drinks (soda, beer, cocktails, water, etc), great music playing, some souveniers, and a couple of outhouses (the only downfall of the location).

P9180459.JPG

We had no complaints about the day, the staff there was really fun and we were not being hit up by vendors all day. Jolly Beach is not to be missed!

This is great news that there are still amenities at Jolly Beach. Can you tell me if they have lounge chairs and umbrellas to rent and roughly how much they were. Also, did you take a cab there and how long a ride was it? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Susan

I read, not until November, but then someone else said closed for the winter......................humm, who to believe??? We met Cowetamom in May on the Fascination, when I asked her on FB, she felt the day pass was great. We're re-thinking Antigua. Suejoe read another thread about a snack bar/bar and basic bathroom (humm, porta-potty?) at Castaways. I think it was one of the Carnival Victory reviews (not Cigar Dude)............omg, I spend way too much time on CC, lol :eek: We're thinking maybe Valley Church Beach.

Hey Tyskie,

I know, I am confused:confused: In May I asked to go to Jolly Beach and I think the place they took me to was Castaways. If it was they had a bar and restaurant with bathrooms and an outdoor shower to rinse off.

If it was Castaways you didn't need a day pass but that was the only bar on the beach so if it is closed then their is really nothing else except vendors setup under tents like in the picture by JennyP. I am so confused with what to do now..

Hey Tyskie,

I know, I am confused:confused: In May I asked to go to Jolly Beach and I think the place they took me to was Castaways. If it was they had a bar and restaurant with bathrooms and an outdoor shower to rinse off.

If it was Castaways you didn't need a day pass but that was the only bar on the beach so if it is closed then their is really nothing else except vendors setup under tents like in the picture by JennyP. I am so confused with what to do now..

Jocelyn, we too are very confused. We just don't know what we should do in Antiqua. Our next thought is Valley Church Beach. There is a post about that beach and it looks really nice. I believe it is a little further than Jolly Beach. There just isn't enough current info on that beach. Also the picture of Turner Beach that kcparrothead posted looks nice too. My mission while Tyskie is on vacation this week is to come up with a plan for Antiqua - help!! lol....what to do, what to do :confused:

Susan

Jocelyn, we too are very confused. We just don't know what we should do in Antiqua. Our next thought is Valley Church Beach. There is a post about that beach and it looks really nice. I believe it is a little further than Jolly Beach. There just isn't enough current info on that beach. Also the picture of Turner Beach that kcparrothead posted looks nice too. My mission while Tyskie is on vacation this week is to come up with a plan for Antiqua - help!! lol....what to do, what to do :confused:

Susan

I know. Castaway was perfect for us in May, it was in a gated condo area and the water was great. But without the restaurant their is really nothing.

Please let me know if you find something and I will do the same.

Archived