Port Canaveral

xcell

I am planning to either take the FOS Eastern or LOS Western. I really like the ports for FOS but Port Canaveral is so far. Fr you frequent cruisers or anyone that can help...

1. Is orlando airport the closest airport?

2. I plan to come in the day before, where's a close hotel to the port? and how do I get there? taxi? car service? shuttle?

3. What's there to do if I come in a day before?

4. Should I just reconsider Miami as it seems easier

BTW this is a mini family reunion, so there's probably 16-20 people coming but not all at the same time...(ie. car service would be good if we arrived at the same time).

I am planning to either take the FOS Eastern or LOS Western. I really like the ports for FOS but Port Canaveral is so far. Fr you frequent cruisers or anyone that can help...

1. Is orlando airport the closest airport?

2. I plan to come in the day before, where's a close hotel to the port? and how do I get there? taxi? car service? shuttle?

3. What's there to do if I come in a day before?

4. Should I just reconsider Miami as it seems easier

BTW this is a mini family reunion, so there's probably 16-20 people coming but not all at the same time...(ie. car service would be good if we arrived at the same time).

Xcell, There's a thread on this board "I work in Port Canaveral..." that'll have answers to all your ?s.

In Brief:

1. Yes.

2. Radisson, Comfort Inn& Suites, Renaissance are all about 1/2-3/4 mile away, with in sight of ships at the piers. There are other hotels around. Shuttle or rental car work better than taxis. You can shuttle to port from hotel, or drop car off at rental agency in port and they'll shuttle you to ship. Which to choose depends on size of party on arrival.

3. Depending upon when you get in, there are number of things to do in PC. Check the thread mentioned above for ideas.

4. Not sure how "easier" Miami is than PC. Hotels are further away. Night life in Miami is spread out and longer cab rides to or expensive parking once there. You'll need to taxi to the port. But that's your call.

Have a good cruise which ever one you choose.:)

Archived