Live MARINER of the Seas!!! 8/30

ken987

We are having a great time. I just got my laptop going so I thought I would make a quick post. We did a reverse cruise..The Captain sailed us around and under the Hurricane Jimena...sp? and we got to PV yesterday. Today was Mazatlan and tomorrow Cabo. All in all a great cruise. I was not affected by the 9-12 foot waves and they didnt last that long either. No rain at all and sunny skies was had the whole time.

We have a lot of CC experts and they are posting their reviews. All I can say is that we are in an Aft Jr. Suite on the 7th deck and JAMES is amazing and attentive. He will be getting a bit extra on the side. The food is good and we got all new entertainment. So far so good. Ice Show was the best so far. Chops is good as always and dining room food is good.

We felt like we were the only guys wearing tuxes on formal night.

No one really dressed up.

We did the water taxi to stone island for $2 rT. It was fine. We ate and hung out at Lety's. More when we get home. Just thought I would post and let you all know we weathered the storm just fine.

Ken and Jeff

Glad to see you are having a good cruise even thought conditions could be better (weather wise). My wife and I will be on the Mariner 1-24-10. This will be our 2nd time on Mariner. My favorite part of this ship was out by the pool area. The whole theme was inspired by Romero Britto (sp?). I hope they still have all his work displayed. Let me know please. Thank you.

Mike

Glad to see you are having a good cruise even thought conditions could be better (weather wise). My wife and I will be on the Mariner 1-24-10. This will be our 2nd time on Mariner. My favorite part of this ship was out by the pool area. The whole theme was inspired by Romero Britto (sp?). I hope they still have all his work displayed. Let me know please. Thank you.

Mike

They certainly do!

It's part of the ship:

2481154920039004418S600x600Q85.jpg

2305216180076244371S600x600Q85.jpg

Glad to hear the hurricane did not ruin your cruise. All of us here on CC have been rooting for you! Thanks for stopping by to give an update.

As far as the entertainment, we sailed on Aug 16 and we were told the singers/dancers were changing over to a new crew with the Aug 30th sailing. Assuming that's what was meant by the 'new entertainment'. BTW the CD changed for the Aug 23 sailing as well as a number of other crew members. They were partying away the last night of our sailing!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise. To all going on the Mariner soon, lucky! I want to go back!

We got into PV at 2pm. Captain let us play until 10pm .... We had NO weather problems at all EVER. The trip was PERFECT. We finally saw the Carnival Splendor today. They were not happy. They wound up in California and got to cabo at 8am and left at 2pm. When they heard we did a reverse cruise and hit all the ports the ****e hit the fan. Carnival gave the people $50 OBC and a 25% off their next cruise within 2 years. As I write this I am in my Aft Balcony enjoying the cloudless skies and beautiful breeze.......I needed a break from all the sun on the Eco Cat tour I just got back from. LOL.

This ship is so big 12 ft seas were nothing....to me at least. The new CD is offbeat and cool. I played Quest for the first time..I was the team captain. IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing....we had really irresponsible parents who brought 5 - 8 year olds...and some other kids snuck in. I wont ruin what Quest is...but the adults only should be enforced.

Otherwise....so sad I only have 2 days left...I'm ready to go again next week...if I didnt have to work.

ken

We got into PV at 2pm. Captain let us play until 10pm .... We had NO weather problems at all EVER. The trip was PERFECT. We finally saw the Carnival Splendor today. They were not happy. They wound up in California and got to cabo at 8am and left at 2pm. When they heard we did a reverse cruise and hit all the ports the ****e hit the fan. Carnival gave the people $50 OBC and a 25% off their next cruise within 2 years. As I write this I am in my Aft Balcony enjoying the cloudless skies and beautiful breeze.......I needed a break from all the sun on the Eco Cat tour I just got back from. LOL.

This ship is so big 12 ft seas were nothing....to me at least. The new CD is offbeat and cool. I played Quest for the first time..I was the team captain. IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing....we had really irresponsible parents who brought 5 - 8 year olds...and some other kids snuck in. I wont ruin what Quest is...but the adults only should be enforced.

Otherwise....so sad I only have 2 days left...I'm ready to go again next week...if I didnt have to work.

ken

So glad everything including the weather worked out for you guys! I would not be a happy camper if I were on the Splendor either........It must have been quite crowded in Cabo with 2 relatively large ships.......

Enjoy your last 2 days!!!!

Hey Ken, we are leaving on 9/20/09 and was wondering what cabin the two of you were in. We will be in aft jr suite cabin 7392. Just wondering if you had any obstructed views. Is the balcony a nice size?

Also, do you know when Vintages wine tasting is?

Glad you missed all the bad weather. Hurricanes are aweful but they make beautiful sunrise's and sunsets when you are far enough away from them.

Peggy

ken

What is the name of the new CD? Did you have Cap Per of Cap Johmmey? Last question...Are the cheezy magicians still doing one of the shows?

Glad you're having a great time.. We can't wait to sail on her again in December. Thanks for the post

What is the name of the new CD? Did you have Cap Per of Cap Johmmey? Last question...Are the cheezy magicians still doing one of the shows?

Glad you're having a great time.. We can't wait to sail on her again in December. Thanks for the post

Captain Per and the CD is Dave Chapman...........

Hi there Ken! Glad to hear that your trip is going well. Ive got a quick question regarding the bathroom in your cabin. My lady and I are wondering if the both of us can fit in the shower (balcony room) at the same time. Does the bathroom get all steamy after a long hot shower or is there a vent that sucks out all the steam?

Thanks!

We were in 7394 so 7392 is an excellent room. Big Tub Shower with room for 2. Balcony is deep and wide. We had 2 chairs, 2 tables, and 2 chaise loungers and still had room to walk. James was our attendant. We tipped him well. He was AWESOME. Room was clean by 9am each day. We are so sad to be off. Food was ok...lobster night was friday and was served in the tail shell. The entertainment well...was uh.....nope...cant say it...LOL have to keep it clean right? There were a couple of good acts. Otherwise I had to fight to stay awake. I did not enjoy the Front Row show at all. For full disclosure...we go to Broadway all the time. Most of the songs they sung we had NO clue. And the songs we did know...they changed the words significantly which annoyed me to no end. Plus it would be nice if they could sing on pitch. And I have a degree in Music so I do have a critical ear..but my other half has no clue and they were also making faces on a few of the notes.

The movies were Dark Knight and High School Musical 3. I really didnt notice but we kept the compasses so perhaps when we get back to Boston tonight I will post. Im in LAX right now waiting for the long flight home. We met so many new friends and that was the highlight of the cruise for us. We missed our call and missed seeing SandySails and I was so bummed but I know we will have to have our own REUNION cruise...and we will be there for sure!!!!!!

Sandy said she will post the review and I will add on to her thread. They will be home before us!!!! Miss you all already!

You all are very lucky to be cruising soon. I would go back on this ship in a heartbeat..

Hey Ken, we are leaving on 9/20/09 and was wondering what cabin the two of you were in. We will be in aft jr suite cabin 7392. Just wondering if you had any obstructed views. Is the balcony a nice size?

Glad you missed all the bad weather. Hurricanes are aweful but they make beautiful sunrise's and sunsets when you are far enough away from them.

Peggy

HI Peggy,

Please...if you get JAMES as your attendant...Please say hello from Ken and Jeff in Boston.

He had our room cleaned by 9am each day and brought ice and fresh towels throughout the day.

There is the GRILL around the back of the ship. It did not bother us at all.

Vintages was nice. Jeff did 2 wine tastings. They are various times. Jeff said the Coppolla wine tasting was so so. I sat with him and noticed they were all the lowest prices wines. The other wine tasting was just general...and that one was the good one. It was early in the week. It cost $9.95 and the Coppola $14.95.

For all you people who like old time drinks.....I LOVE tom collins...and they are only $5 each!!! The schooner bar makes them so you are knocked on your butt. All the others were pretty weak on the Gin. In Lotus, the Asian Pear drink was super tasty and expensive....$8 even.

We ate at CHOPS 3 times. They loved us when we walked in each time. LOL they knew what we wanted and the food was unending. Look for SandySails review of Portofino's as we did not go there.

• 3 weeks later...

Peggy

Hello PSH1958,

I just booked jr suite cabin 7392 as well (Jan 3 sailing) and just saw this post of yours! It looks like you just cruised.. when you recover I'd love to hear how you liked the suite, how are the obstructions, how is the balcony, etc. Hope you had a wonderful time! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Hello PSH1958,

I just booked jr suite cabin 7392 as well (Jan 3 sailing) and just saw this post of yours! It looks like you just cruised.. when you recover I'd love to hear how you liked the suite, how are the obstructions, how is the balcony, etc. Hope you had a wonderful time! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

We're staying in 7392 leaving this Sunday and will report back on the stateroom when we return.

Archived