Renting a car to go from Quebec City to New York

World Gallery

We are going to finally book, the Crown Princess, cruising Oct 13 - 23. It leaves from New York and ends in Quebec City. The only obstacle is airfare into NY but out of Quebec City. It costs 5 times as much as a direct flight into and out of New York (from New Orleans). So, our plan is to rent a car in Quebec City and drive to New York. I went to Google maps and it looks like it will take 8 and a half hours. Plus, we have never been to this part of the country, so we won't mind the drive (I think!).

My questions:

Has anyone ever done this and if so, how was the experience? How long did it take? Any problems?

Is there an Avis center close to where the cruise docks in Quebec City?

Thank you.

PS Anyone ever gone on the Crown Princess? Any feedback?

We are going to finally book, the Crown Princess, cruising Oct 13 - 23. It leaves from New York and ends in Quebec City. The only obstacle is airfare into NY but out of Quebec City. It costs 5 times as much as a direct flight into and out of New York (from New Orleans). So, our plan is to rent a car in Quebec City and drive to New York. I went to Google maps and it looks like it will take 8 and a half hours. Plus, we have never been to this part of the country, so we won't mind the drive (I think!).

My questions:

Has anyone ever done this and if so, how was the experience? How long did it take? Any problems?

Thank you.

I think that you will find it expensive and complicated to rent a car one way in Canada and leave in the US.

Did you ask how much the extra drop off charges it will be and if it is possible ?

My questions:

Thank you.

We're taking the 9-23 cruise. We've opted to take the train Quebec city to Montreal, and flyout the next day, Montreal to NYC. About $300 pp, train and air. I have read quite a few problems people trying to fly out the final day of the cruise from Quebec to NYC. Plus all the flights seemed to go via Toronto with a lengthy layover.

Archived