Weather! Shoudl I be worried?

SJChaput

I am cruising all next week in western Caribbean... Cozumel, Cayman, Belize, Isla Roatan...

Scattered thunder storms and showers is what is predicted... Is that unusual in that I should suspect the ports to be ruined and unenjoyable?

I want to enjoy at least some of the ports but the weather isn't looking good..

But I seem to always see bad weather planned for that area but current weather looks nice.

The best thing for you to do now is NOT WORRY! Regardless of the weather, you will still have a fantastic time! You'll be on a cruise, not at work and enjoying things you normally aren't priviledged to do! If the weather turns bad, the captain will do his best to steer clear of it.

I don't see where anything is brewing in that area anyways!

Have a great cruise, and don't worry!

:cool:Bill

I am cruising all next week in western Caribbean... Cozumel, Cayman, Belize, Isla Roatan...

Scattered thunder storms and showers is what is predicted... Is that unusual in that I should suspect the ports to be ruined and unenjoyable?

But I seem to always see bad weather planned for that area but current weather looks nice.

Worrying wont change Mother Nature so I wouldnt waste the energy

I'ts the rainy season. We are sailing in a week or so, and we knew when we booked for September that we were taking a chance with the weather. We'll take it in stride. If it rains on all of our port days, we'll go ashore with our umbrellas; if there's a severe thunderstorm, then we'll stay on the ship and 'party it up'. Either way, it's still vacation.

During the summer season, it is quite normal to have afternoon and evening thunderstorm and rain showers due to the high heat and very high humidity found in the tropics and sub-tropics.

It is rare for it to rain all day - indeed, more than 1/2 hour or so...and it makes for wonderful sunsets.

Not to worry. Unless there is some monster tropical storm whirling it's way in your direction, the rain won't even be a nuisance.

Enjoy.

Archived