LHR-Southampton Transfer

jplotts865

I must be doing something wrong! I've tried three times to obtain a quote from smithsforairports.com for a transfer from LHR to Southampton and have never received any reply whatsoever. Has anyone else had this problem? The company seems to be highly regarded here and I was interested in trying to use their services but simply cannot get them to respond. Perhaps because I'm only asking for a one-way transfer? Help! Thanks!

I must be doing something wrong! I've tried three times to obtain a quote from smithsforairports.com for a transfer from LHR to Southampton and have never received any reply whatsoever. Has anyone else had this problem? The company seems to be highly regarded here and I was interested in trying to use their services but simply cannot get them to respond. Perhaps because I'm only asking for a one-way transfer? Help! Thanks!

I've not heard of anyone here having this problem with Smiths. Have you emailed them directly or filled in an online form? I used email--the email address is on the contact us page.

I filed a Web Booking request and got two replies - one from Paul and one from Sharon - almost too efficient! Have been in contact with them via email to get details straightened out but am surprised that you are "having a problem".

BTW, did spend a few cents calling them direct (figuring in the time difference - UK GMT+1 and USA east coast GMT-4 right now - a five hour time diff...) to get things sorted.

Having never used Smiths, but having spent much time on these boards, I feel confident is using them, which I will for the first time on Nov 10, 2009.

I'll keep trying - as I mentioned I've now sent three requests (two on the form on the website) and one direct e-mail with a request that they respond. So far no luck. I'm thinking that since I only require a one-way LHR-Southampton (the return has been booked through the TA and Cunard) Smith's may not really want the bother? But I do appreciate the comments and I'm sure they are a very reputable company. Thanks!

I'll keep trying - as I mentioned I've now sent three requests (two on the form on the website) and one direct e-mail with a request that they respond. So far no luck. I'm thinking that since I only require a one-way LHR-Southampton (the return has been booked through the TA and Cunard) Smith's may not really want the bother? But I do appreciate the comments and I'm sure they are a very reputable company. Thanks!

Try

bookings@smithsforairports.com

This is the one that I have used and they have replied "from" in the emails I have gotten from them. Smiths have been very prompt in reply.

I have booked LHR-Southampton transfer for sixty five pounds with a recommended gratuity of five to ten pounds.

Archived