Travelling with Insulin - Pacific Sun

VicGuy

Just a quick one.

One of my friends is heading off on the Pac Sun next week and has to take on board a stock of medical insulin that needs to be refrigerated. P&O info stated to ask the Cabin Steward when on board for storage and access.

Has anyone had to travel with insulin on the Pac Sun before. :confused:

Hi Jase,

I don't travel with Insulin, however i do work for Diabetes Australia and you can purchase from your local office a Travel Pack. If your friend calls thier local Diabetes Australia office on 1300 136588 (puts you through to the local head office in your state) they will be able to help you with that. Also there is a fact sheet available called "Travelling with Insulin" Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ellen :cool:

Hi Jase,

I'm sorry, I cant answer your question though I would think that it is fairly routine and they would have something in place. My reply is for another reason.

I was wandering around cyberspace this morning and I came across the album of your cruise photos from the 2008 Summer Sessions cruise on Pacific Dawn.

Just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Cheers

Clive

Hi Vicguy. When we did our cruise on Pacific Sun to the Islands our cabin was cool enough to leave the insulin in a special pouch our chemist sold us. We could have given it to the steward but you cannot always find them when you need to get your insulin. The pouch has a small ice pack which lasts about 24hrs so if you get one, freeze it before you go and maybe give to steward to refreeze. The insulin will be ok until you get it back. Suexxx

Hi Jase,

I don't travel with Insulin, however i do work for Diabetes Australia and you can purchase from your local office a Travel Pack. If your friend calls thier local Diabetes Australia office on 1300 136588 (puts you through to the local head office in your state) they will be able to help you with that. Also there is a fact sheet available called "Travelling with Insulin" Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ellen :cool:

great advice. plus tell your t/a about and also when you board the ship tell the doc as he or she would like to now about and help you out with every thing

Hi VicGuy, I too am travelling with a diabetic and his insulin, previously we have just kept it cool in the cabin, we have put it in a ziplock bag and got the steward to supply a wine cooler and change the ice each day that way we could have cold drinks and cool insulin. We decided to do it this way after hearing of a couple of stories from other diabetics who have asked the medical centre to look after it and found that it had frozen - thereby rendering it un-usable.

Tinky2 - Which Diabetic Association office do you work from - we visit the Mt Gravatt office.

Lisa

Archived