question about a beach bar at Orient Beach (st. maarten)

llmoyer123

i remember reading sometime back about a beach bar when the price of the chairs and umbrella went toward drinks or your lunch meal. does anyone know which b each bar this is?

also....where on orient beach can we find the $2 beers i also saw mentioned in a previous post?

Hi,

I am planning on visiting this beach in Dec of 2005, so I did read some of the posts pertaining to it.

I did see these comments/information:

"In any event, we had a great time. We did find that food and drink prices vary considerably across the various establishments, some places were pricey, others were ridiculously cheap (at the Club Orient bar you can get two Carib beers with lime slice for 3 bux!, and 2 dollar Heinekens at the Paradisio)."

and

"Was in St. Martin in April of this year. Cab to Orient beach from the pier was $5 per person and it takes about 10 to 15 mins to get to the beach. Rented two chairs with 2 umbrellas and a little table at Kon Tiki for $15 total."

in the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=25833

I hope that is what you want.

Wes

Don't know exactly which bars have the deals you are talking about, but did see some signs in front of bars near the south end that had reasonable offers for cheap beer and chairs. I'd suggest taking a taxi to the area near Pedro's and walking along the beach to the left, checking out the bars, shops and other sights. If you want to be a little more daring, turn right and visit the Club Orient beach bar, called the "Perch" for two for one drinks from 12:30 to 1:30. Clothing is optional, of course!

i remember reading sometime back about a beach bar when the price of the chairs and umbrella went toward drinks or your lunch meal.

What you're looking for is "free" chairs and umbrellas. It's not going to happen. The only way to get complimentary chairs and umbrellas is to spend a week at one of the beach side resorts.

Let me tell you, if a bar was giving those things away (i.e. price toward drinks or meal) that bar would be swamped with all the free loaders on the beach.

i remember reading sometime back about a beach bar when the price of the chairs and umbrella went toward drinks or your lunch meal. does anyone know which b each bar this is?

also....where on orient beach can we find the $2 beers i also saw mentioned in a previous post?

Maybe you're thinking about the offer where you rent chairs and get your first drink free? The only place where we've ever rented chairs was Pedro's, adjacent to Club Orient, and that was the case.

I don't know about $2 beers on Orient, as we usually take our own, but I know for certain that if you go to Ms B's on Dawn Beach you can drink Carib's for $1 and have a choice of other beers for $2! Great food, too.

kal & gtaylor - I know the Pirate Beach Bar has a coupon deal. Buy two lunches and for $12 more they will provide two beers or rum drinks, two chairs and an umbrella. It seems like the Paradisio or Fiesta Mexicana had the cheap beer deal, but I just can't remember for sure. I'll pay better attention this February (hope USAir keep flying....).

I know the Pirate Beach Bar has a coupon deal. Buy two lunches and for $12 more they will provide two beers or rum drinks, two chairs and an umbrella.

Last year I spent 2 weeks at The Pirate Beach Bar and without lunch I paid $12 per day for 2 chairs, an umbrella, table and 2 Caribs. Just ask Glen Lambert (the owner) or Celina (the beach babe) and they'll work with you. Much to my pleasure, during the 2 weeks they provided many "freebie" beers, rum punches, liquors and treats.

Of course I bought Glen, Celina and others drinks during that time and took good care of them upon our departure.

We found that most places rented you 2 chairs, 1 umbrella, and 2 drinks for 1 price. The closer to the nude resort you got, the cheaper the deal. We LOVED the lounge chairs and service at the Pirate Bar & Grill.

We got two lounge chairs on the waterfront with a 3-inch-thick white chair pad, an umbrella, and two drinks for $14.00. Service by David was great. He’d check on us and reposition our umbrella to allow for more shade or sun as desired. Orient Beach is a beautiful white sand beach with blue and green waters which appeared clearer than Coki Beach on St. Thomas. This is a clothing-optional beach, and yes, folks exercising this option do walk the length of the beach or sunbathe along the beach. This beach had everything available for a price: jet ski, parasail, windsurfing, and more.

Here is our complete Eastern Caribbean review:

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/easterncaribbean.html

Archived