Price Guarantee: Royal Caribbean's New Price Drop Policy

RCCLCARIB

Do you like or dislike new polciy?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like or dislike new polciy?

• Dislike
    • Indifferent

As a rccl visa cardholder who wants to use obc from that program, I agree with the points raised by TPKeller in a previous thread about having different types of obc - refundable from price drops and non-refundable from the visa card program.

That aside to be addressed, I think this is a great program for price drops and would keep me as a loyal RC customer.

As a rccl visa cardholder who wants to use obc from that program, I agree with the points raised by TPKeller in a previous thread about having different types of obc - refundable from price drops and non-refundable from the visa card program.

That aside to be addressed, I think this is a great program for price drops and would keep me as a loyal RC customer.

Visa OBC IS refundable !

No, Ladylouwho is incorrect go and read the FAQ's that someone posted. Commission is NOT protected which it wouldn't be the old way either so nothing changes in that respect for the TA's. My TA doens't mind and she searches for me because she knows I am a loyal long time customer and I send tons of people her way.

Edited to add just found the statement, this is from the FAQ"s about the new policy change

"Travel Agent commission will not be protected on reductions in cruise fare that result in

an onboard credit or refund. "

Sorry. Someone else mentioned that this would be a perk for TA's because the actual fare would not be reduced. I did not read the FAQ's. Guess some of us were figuring they would base the commission on the actual fare. If you read this on the website then it must be correct.

So they actually reduce your fare then.....just reimbursing you by OBC rather than money? Is the cruise insurance reduced if your fare goes down enough?

Colleen

Yes, they will refund unused OBC

Can anyone provide a reference on this? I see what Sue posted but when I go to their website and I can't find it. Also, when I called up, the phone rep told me that no, OBC through the price guarantee is not refundable. He could be wrong, but I'd like to have something in print, one way or the other.

Thanks, Fred

Can anyone provide a reference on this? I see what Sue posted but when I go to their website and I can't find it. Also, when I called up, the phone rep told me that no, OBC through the price guarantee is not refundable. He could be wrong, but I'd like to have something in print, one way or the other.

Thanks, Fred

Yes, Fred. The Price Guarantee FAQ document. My TA sent me a copy; it's a pdf file. Here's the quote from it:

Are the Onboard Credits refundable if not used onboard?

Yes, the onboard credits are refundable..

Yes, Fred. The Price Guarantee FAQ document. My TA sent me a copy; it's a pdf file. Here's the quote from it:

Are the Onboard Credits refundable if not used onboard?

Yes, the onboard credits are refundable..

Thanks for the clarification Peggy! I can't seem to find that available online anywhere. Do you know somewhere it may be? I only ask because I generally don't trust anything I can't prove in writing (too many times I've been told one thing, gotten another, and had nothing to prove it... not with cruises, but just in other areas of life).

If not, any chance you could post the PDF?

Thanks for the clarification Peggy! I can't seem to find that available online anywhere. Do you know somewhere it may be? I only ask because I generally don't trust anything I can't prove in writing (too many times I've been told one thing, gotten another, and had nothing to prove it... not with cruises, but just in other areas of life).

the Faq that I posted is the pdf

the Faq that I posted is the pdf

I can't post the actual PDF

We booked the Royal Family Suite with a 55+ discount. They do not list the RFS price on thier website. Is there any other way to check the price, without having to call them. It is not that I do not trust them, just looking out for fairness. All though I will not complain if it stays the same. But some OBC, for a few drinks or a spa treatment would be nice.

Archived