Costa in Egypt

cwistyred

A question, and if it's a silly one please forgive me as I have tried to research this information through different threads - and couldn't find any.

We are seriously considering Costa to Europe next spring. The itinerary for this cruise includes two days in Egypt. One day in Port Said and the 2nd in Alexandria. I went to Costa's website to research shore excursions for that date and they only show one day trips. I remember seeing or reading that they don't allow overnights? Is that possible? We really wanted to do a private excursion with a few other cruisecritc people (rollcall is asleep as of this posting) and do the wonderful overnights we have read about.

Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks for any info.

A question, and if it's a silly one please forgive me as I have tried to research this information through different threads - and couldn't find any.

We are seriously considering Costa to Europe next spring. The itinerary for this cruise includes two days in Egypt. One day in Port Said and the 2nd in Alexandria. I went to Costa's website to research shore excursions for that date and they only show one day trips. I remember seeing or reading that they don't allow overnights? Is that possible? We really wanted to do a private excursion with a few other cruisecritc people (rollcall is asleep as of this posting) and do the wonderful overnights we have read about.

Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks for any info.

WHat is the ship and dates?

Ron

On the cruse you are looking at there is only one day in Egypt with two ports of call:

Day 9 Port Said 07:00 - 09:00

Day 9 Alexandria 19:30 - 21:00

For the full day excursions (13 hours) you leave the ship in Port Said and return to the ship in Alexandria.

Ron

I have been watching for them to post the shore excursions and the Egypt one is not up there, yet. I put a message up on the roll call forum for this cruise. I don't know if there are any options other than the cruise ship excursions. Mountainmare posted details from a very similar Costa cruise last year at about the same time of year. Pacifica is a new ship as of this summer. Hope to see you on board.

Archived