Are Bathroom Amenities Upgraded for Elite Members

cruisintomorrow

I will be an Elite on my next cruise and trying to decide what to pack. I will be Elite for the first time, yippie. What will I get for shampoo and conditioner etc for the bathroom? What will the fridge be stocked with that is complimentary? Is there some amenity I should be aware of now that I made it to Elite? Thanks :D

I was a little disappointed on our recent cruise on the Tahitian when we were elite for the first time. The amenities were the same, except everything was in those plastic bottles, rather than the squeeze packets. Frankly I realize now I prefer the packets as those plastic bottles are kind of rigid. But that's just my preference. There was nothing offered that we did not get before becoming elite, -- like shower caps for instance. In fairness, we didn't ASK for or about anything.

What amenities exactly ARE you supposed to get as an elite that you didn't get before?

It`s all still the eucalyptus shampoo, conditioner and lotion in little bottles. I don`t know if it is any different but I like them.

The best bit about being Elite is the laundry and dry cleaning. It`s wonderful!:) You go home with only one days laundry.

The miniatures in the minibar are only exchangable with what is already there. So if you, like me, drink Bacardi you won`t be able to swap the others for that.

The miniatures in the minibar are only exchangable with what is already there. So if you, like me, drink Bacardi you won`t be able to swap the others for that.

Let me tell you our first experience with the elite mini-bar. DH drinks mainly beer, but also enjoys an occasional Jack Daniels. My preference is mainly wine, but also scotch. The minis containing alcohol were not really of interest to us, except the two Courvoisiers. We don't drink rum, or vodka or gin. They said they had no miniatures of scotch. I asked about Jack Daniels. Our steward said he would check. A couple days went by and they said they didn't have JD in miniatures but were checking around. Next thing we knew, a small regular bottle of Jack Daniels appeared! Needless to say, we were happy cruisers.

The moral of this story is that individual experiences on the elite mini bars range all over the charts - some get lucky like us; others say they couldn't get them to exchange out anything. You just don't know until you get to your cabin, see what's there, and start negotiating with your steward and the room service people.

I was a little disappointed on our recent cruise on the Tahitian when we were elite for the first time. The amenities were the same, except everything was in those plastic bottles, rather than the squeeze packets. Frankly I realize now I prefer the packets as those plastic bottles are kind of rigid. But that's just my preference. There was nothing offered that we did not get before becoming elite, -- like shower caps for instance. In fairness, we didn't ASK for or about anything.

What amenities exactly ARE you supposed to get as an elite that you didn't get before?

I've never noticed any big difference between the quality you get when you reach Elite but I hate those little packets of shampoo & conditioner. I can never open one with my bare hands after getting in the shower. If you forget to rip open the shampoo before your hands are wet it means getting out of the shower to find a scissor to cut it open.

Thanks Lynda, that worked. What it says is elites receive the same bathroom amenities as the "suites". So what are THOSE amenities, becase as I said, we received nothing special at all on the Tahitian a couple months back. Denise

In a basket in the bathroom there are the usual shampoo/cond./body lotion, extras are a chapstick, Q tips, a facial mist & emory boards. That's all I can remember, but it's not all that much & most people bring that stuff anyway.

Jan

Thanks Lynda, that worked. What it says is elites receive the same bathroom amenities as the "suites". So what are THOSE amenities, becase as I said, we received nothing special at all on the Tahitian a couple months back. Denise

Here are the suite bathroom amenities:

Luxury bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, bath gel, plus new lip balm, gel eye mask, bath salts and loofah mitts)

Nope, got the lip balm on the Star in August...also two gel eye masks,

two loofas, two face mists (really nice) slippers, and tons of lotions,

conditioners etc. in a regular balcony stateroom.

Traded all the mini bar stuff for just Couvassier (sp?) and the soda

stuff for club soda and Perrier. Room service brought all the new

stuff about half an hour after I called.

On the shampoo and lotion, I thought I heard Princess now gives all people the bottles instead of those cardboard things. I know we had bottles on our last cruise and we are not Elite and not in a suite.

Did not use most of the stuff, we do use the bar soap. But it was bottles for the hair stuff.

Thanks, I'll have to make a special request for the lip balm next cruise.

I just found out that we were receiving the lip balm & my wife stashed it away before I noticed it.

Has everyone automatically gotten these upgraded amenities or have you had to ask for them?

You shouldn't have to ask for it.

Oh I dissapointed to read the lip barm isn't standard, we've got a "normal" cabin next time. I've only ever used it about twice in my life and the last time was shortly after I embarked Star Princess.

I could remember thinking " ouch my lips are sore, well on earth am going to find lip barm on the ship with 3 sea days ahead of me". I went into the bathroom and hey presto it was there :) I remember thinking at the time how pleased I was with princess!

Archived