New Newark/Bisbane, NJ

Gingee

My TA just send me some information on a cruise/hotel package but it is in New Newark/Bisbane, NJ area. It says it is five miles from Cape Liberty (hope that is where the Legend goes out of). This is a Best Western. Anyone hear of it and know how far it would be from all the NYC attractions?

Thanks

The only Best Western that fits the description is the Best Western Newark Airport West. Should be convenient to Port Liberty, but don't be expecting to do any sightseeing near the hotel. It's located on a major highway, near pretty much nothing.

You are close to Newark Liberty Airport, Port Liberty and NYC. The hotel website says they offer a shuttle (for a nominal fee) to Newark Penn Station, where you can hop a train over to all that New York City has to offer.

Here is a link to the website: Best Western Newark Airport West

My TA just send me some information on a cruise/hotel package but it is in New Newark/Bisbane, NJ area. It says it is five miles from Cape Liberty (hope that is where the Legend goes out of).

I grew up in NJ. My guess is that you mean the Newark/Bayonne area.

I think it is in the Newark area like you mentioned. I just couldn't remember the exact name when I wrote. I did look it up on their map. I am not familiar with where the attractions are in relation to it.

Don't let them put you up in Brisbane, it used to be a Mental hospital in very, very south Jersey. Seriously, am originally from that area and name must be different. There are not a lot of attractions nearby however you can get to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island without going into NYC. Liberty Science Center is nearby which is a nice attraction.

Don

The hotel that my TA mentioned is a Best Western in Newark. They will take you to the Liberty Cruise terminal (hope that is where the Legend leaves from) and back complimentary. If we decide to drive there, we can leave the car there free up to ten days. They quoted $155. Is that good for that area or not?

$155 for just the room would not be a good deal in that area. $155 for the room, parking while you are gone and transfers boths ways is not bad. A taxi to Bayonne would be about $35 one way. I work at another hotel near Newark Airport, but I imagine it's proably against some sort of rules to promote my own property or talk about our direct competition, so I'll say no more.

Archived