Dumb Newbie Question: PVP

StillPooh

And it gets more complicated!

PVP's (Personal Vacation Planners) work directly for Carnival and keep in their database a profile on their guests. Once you're assigned to a PVP, it's your PVP until they no longer work for Carnival. If you have one like mine, it's a great thing. I've been dealing with mine for about 5 years and she's absolutely wonderful. She knows all of our preferences, goes out of her way to please us, and has even come out t the port to meet us. They can be reached by calling a dedicated 800 number and an extension.

Carnival also has other employees who work in the reservations department. Commonly known as CVS, they're available throug the 1-800-Carnival number. Their main purpose is to take inbound calls but their goal is not to create a relationship with you, although some guests will keep their extension numbers and call them directly. Otherwise, you will speak to a different CVS every time you call.

If you want to know who's best, if you ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers. I prefer my PVP, but many guests prefer their TA or a CVS they've created a relationship with. Do your homework, talk to different people, and book with who you feel most comfortable with. If you end up with a PVP, I hope you get one as wonderful as mine!

I was planning to book our cruise on line, but had a question I needed answered, so I called Carnival. I guess the young man I talked to must have been a CVS, then.

He went above and beyond and in the end I booked the trip! I hope he gets credit for it. I did send Carnival an e-mail telling them how helpful he was.

Archived