Discount Coupon

jaybird from SC

:) That depends on where the coupon came from --- did you purchase a

"next cruise" coupon on a previous trip ?? If so, than I am pretty sure

it cannot be combined with any other offers that come directly from

Celebrity. If the TA is giving you OBC's from her pocket and/or you have

shareholder benefits, credit card certificates for OBC's --- those are ok

as they are not coming from the cruise line.

I am sure I will be corrected if I have given the wrong info.:rolleyes:

:) That depends on where the coupon came from --- did you purchase a

"next cruise" coupon on a previous trip ?? If so, than I am pretty sure

it cannot be combined with any other offers that come directly from

Celebrity. If the TA is giving you OBC's from her pocket and/or you have

shareholder benefits, credit card certificates for OBC's --- those are ok

as they are not coming from the cruise line.

I am sure I will be corrected if I have given the wrong info.:rolleyes:

Actually we rec'd the OBC ($250) from the TA. The coupon is the one in the back of the Celebrity Captain's Club Review (booklet)-called a savings certificate. Just can't get it in my head why it wouldn't be good on our cruise regardless of the OBC. Kind of like a CC perk. You're probably right about the commission part affecting it but seems like the certificate coming from the cruise line direct wouldn't matter. I know it would have been honored had we booked directly with Celebrity which we didn't so either way we're happy about the OBC. Thanks for the info...

Yes I applied it to a booking I did recently on Celebrity. I believe it was $200 because it was an ocean view. Wait I just pulled it out of the file - it is the Online Savings Certificate you are talking about??? If so, yes I had it applied by simply calling and then faxing it in to 1-866-222-5150. It cuts down on the TA's commission so that is probably why she is telling you no. The obc is not from the cruiseline so it doesn't affect the use of this coupon. Tell that TA she is not reputable and use one who is.

Your TA would lose some of the commission if the coupon is applied. My friend has got one applied for 9th October. The voucher was late in being sent out as we booked the cruise in June. The magazine only came 3 weeks ago after final payment but they will honour the coupon.

Sue

Thanks for posting this question - just realized that it was probably applicable to my booking as well for a $150 discount. Called Captain's Club and they said it should be - feel bad about taking it into the agent now though to ask her to apply only for her to lose some commission....wish I noticed this coupon earlier, but also kind of irritates me that Captain's Club doesn't automatically give everyone eligible discounts without hunting down coupons or having knowledge of their existence.....

Yes I applied it to a booking I did recently on Celebrity. I believe it was $200 because it was an ocean view. Wait I just pulled it out of the file - it is the Online Savings Certificate you are talking about??? If so, yes I had it applied by simply calling and then faxing it in to 1-866-222-5150. It cuts down on the TA's commission so that is probably why she is telling you no. The obc is not from the cruiseline so it doesn't affect the use of this coupon. Tell that TA she is not reputable and use one who is.

Those were my thoughts exactly. Thanks

YES. I used the coupon AND got an additional $200 OBC from my agent. I've worked with agents who won't apply the coupon in the past. Key words are IN THE PAST.

My agent will reduce the on board credit for price drops and that is totally understandable. To deny price drops or not allow the Celebrity coupon is a sign of an agent I will not be doing business with.

Archived