Honest feedback on new Elite perks!

ewynn07

Are the new "elite" perks as good as they appear???? We are considering the Equinox November 23rd and also another cruise line...this could really make our decision very very easy. Also does the 90 internet minutes mean per person or per cabin? We were on the Solstice last Thanksgiving but no new "perks" like this year..yippee!

We are Celebrity ELITE members considering the EQUINOX and also another cruise line for Thanksgiving. Are the perks as good as they appear on paper? The 90 internet minutes per cabin or per member??? These perks can really be a "deal breaker"!!! We were on the Solstice last Thanksgiving.

We are Celebrity ELITE members considering the EQUINOX and also another cruise line for Thanksgiving. Are the perks as good as they appear on paper? The 90 internet minutes per cabin or per member??? These perks can really be a "deal breaker"!!! We were on the Solstice last Thanksgiving.

Hi Ewynn07 !

I haven't been onboard a Celebrity ship since the new Elite upgrades were introduced, but others have reported it is 90 minutes per Elite Member. Another thing to keep in mind, is the recently announced upgrades are only the first stage of the New Captains Club program. According to Celebrity, there is "more to come", so stay tuned !

Hi Ewynn07 !

I haven't been onboard a Celebrity ship since the new Elite upgrades were introduced, but others have reported it is 90 minutes per Elite Member. Another thing to keep in mind, is the recently announced upgrades are only the first stage of the New Captains Club program. According to Celebrity, there is "more to come", so stay tuned !

Andy,

In order for us to get the perk, do we have to buy some Internet time first, or is it 90 minutes completely gratis?

Bill

Are the new "elite" perks as good as they appear???? We are considering the Equinox November 23rd and also another cruise line...this could really make our decision very very easy. Also does the 90 internet minutes mean per person or per cabin? We were on the Solstice last Thanksgiving but no new "perks" like this year..yippee!

To be honest.... YES ! They are as good as they appear ! We've done 3 cruises so far since the new perks were added and we love it. It's 90 minutes free internet per person (who's Elite), without purchase required. For us these new perks are another reason to stay loyal to Celebrity Cruises.:)

We used them this summer in Alaska and it it was nice. I bought a package of internet minutes and they took about half of the price off due to the 90 minute thingy. We also used the laundry service and it made it much easier to pack as we did not need nearly as much. We are on an 11 night at Xmas and this will REALLY come in handy. The nightly thingy in Micheals was O.K. Not much food of interest, but the free drink was good. I was most impressed with the upgraded returning cruiser party. They did a VERY nice job of that. Lots to eat, drink. The band was WAY too loud, but hey...

Personally, I liked the wording and the way the OP originally put the question.

Considering the number of threads that have discussed the various Elite awards, I'd define all those posts as Honest. They are subjective opinion on how useful each person finds particular rewards: "The Happy Hr is not at a good time, doesn't serve my brand, along with I'll cruise more because of these goodies (probably me)", but are each of these posts are honest opinion, from those that have only read about the list and from those that have used the new rewards.

Looking forward to using 180min of free internet (if my wife lets me use hers too!), sip a free drink before dining, taking fewer clothing and use the laundry, and I may sneak into the Persian Garden while in port! By the way, I wonder why they don't call it the Iranian Garden since that is the modern name of Persia? Just wondering??

Denny

The perks are very nice. The way the internet works is that you buy a package and then they credit your account so it's a wash. Just bookkeeping I guess.

Denny, In order for you to use your wife's minutes you will have to log on with her card.

I'm thrilled to hear that the 90 minutes internet are per person not per stateroom. Now another question...is the complimentary 30 pcs. of wash per person or per stateroom?

I'm thrilled to hear that the 90 minutes internet are per person not per stateroom. Now another question...is the complimentary 30 pcs. of wash per person or per stateroom?

Per person. Each Elite member gets a coupon for that. We love this perk !

The perks are very nice. The way the internet works is that you buy a package and then they credit your account so it's a wash. Just bookkeeping I guess.

This was the way it was done in their try-out period. But on our last two cruises we didn't have to buy anything. Just had to go with the coupon and room key and that was it, no purchase was showing on the Seapass account.

Per person. Each Elite member gets a coupon for that. We love this perk !

Wow...Thanks Celebrity. I think I may have just eliminated an extra suitcase. Thanks for the answer Cote d or

When you arrive in your cabin, there is a sheet of coupons for each member- the coupons include 90 min of internet, 30 items of laundry, 1 item dry cleaning, 2 items pressed, spa discounts (notihng big), 20% off a second bottle of wine if buying 2 at the same time, discounts at the photo place, etc.

You also get a second seapass type card that gives you access to Michael's Club in the morning and the Oceanside bar for drinks in the afternoon. The drinks are from 4 to 6, and dress is smart casual, so this didn't really work for us with a late dinner seating, but we did go once and were impressed by the drinks menu- they had a number of beers , wine and hard liquor, and even Cosmos. The first day I tried to just get a drink to take back to the pool but that wasn't well received which I guess is understandable.

Overall the perks are great. My husband made a great suggestion while on board. Our son is 12 and has been with us on all of these cruises but is not considered a member because of his age (apparently the credits are accumulating and he will automatically be elite when he turns 18). My husband suggested it would be a nice gesture for kids in this situation to get a complimentary soda card for the duration of the cruise (we always buy one)- an inexpensive add-on for the cruiseline, but a show of appreciation for the child. The Captain's Club coordinator onboard thought it was an interesting idea so we will wait and see if anything comes of it.

I think they are great. We will use the Internet, and especially the laundry, dry cleaning and pressing.

Since we dine late sitting, Michael's Club Cocktail gathering is not convenient. As we all know, activities are scheduled around main sitting.

Looking forward to the "other" new Perks.

Charlie

I'm still not clear on the laundry (30 pieces)...is it per person or per stateroom? Looks like these are pretty good perks..Can't wait till November so we can experience it first hand. Thanks

You also get a second seapass type card that gives you access to Michael's Club in the morning and the Oceanside bar for drinks in the afternoon. The drinks are from 4 to 6, and dress is smart casual, so this didn't really work for us with a late dinner seating, but we did go once and were impressed by the drinks menu- they had a number of beers , wine and hard liquor, and even Cosmos. The first day I tried to just get a drink to take back to the pool but that wasn't well received which I guess is understandable.

Could you elaborate on the drinks at the oceanside Bar:) Does this mean that you get free drinks at the Oceanside Bar as you would in Michael's from 4-6pm?

Guest maddycat

We just received the new Captain's Club magazine yesterday and were thrilled when we read the elite members benefits. We will definitely be using the laundry, pressing, dry cleaning, internet, and Michael's Club evening social hour. We might even try the Persian Garden on one of our port days. Can't wait to hear what other new benefits Celebrity will offer.

Could you elaborate on the drinks at the oceanside Bar:) Does this mean that you get free drinks at the Oceanside Bar as you would in Michael's from 4-6pm?

Hi Dmk !

I was wondering about that too. My understanding was, it was held at Michaels both in the AM, and from 4-6 pm.

Thanks for all the info re: new perks!!! I think this has made our decision very easy...here we come Equinox! Anyone out there also on this cruise Nov. 23rd??? Ooops..one more VERY important question...is it a drink OR drinks in Michael's 4 to 6??? I also heard that it will be Open Seating for this cruise...I was against Open Seating but now love it. We can eat when WE choose.

Thanks for all the info re: new perks!!! I think this has made our decision very easy...here we come Equinox! Anyone out there also on this cruise Nov. 23rd??? Ooops..one more VERY important question...is it a drink OR drinks in Michael's 4 to 6??? I also heard that it will be Open Seating for this cruise...I was against Open Seating but now love it. We can eat when WE choose.

Hi Ewynn07 !

From what we have heard, you can have more than 1 drink. Have a wonderful Cruise on Equinox, and I hope you will report back when you return home.

I'm still not clear on the laundry (30 pieces)...is it per person or per stateroom? Looks like these are pretty good perks..Can't wait till November so we can experience it first hand. Thanks

As I already mentioned above : it's per person (who's Elite). If you are 2 persons in 1 stateroom and you're both Elite, you will have 2 x 30 complimentary laundry items.

Archived