Honest feedback on new Elite perks!

ewynn07

As always, I'm sure a solution will surface. Solstice had to adapt this summer and opened another location. There are just certain voyages that attract more elites than others and I'm sure the staff on board will adapt as demand warrants.

Hi Everyone,

We just got off Century this past Sunday. Total of 22 Elites were onboard. The first night Michaels' was open for the Happy Hour, it was more than a "Private Function" as the sign in front stated. DH and I were the only ones there with 7 staff!! We were given a cheese sampler from the Murano's staff. By the last week of sailing, there were typically about 8-10 Elites with 2 or 3 staff members. Very nice atmosphere.

We were treated very well - let me repeat that- very, very well. Flowers to the room, behind the scenes tours to the Galley, Bridge, Engine Room, Backstage and dinner at the Captain's Table. The coupon booklet (love having the laundry done), elegant tea, wine blending, officers' cocktail party came thru.

Now I am wondering... On the larger ships there will be more Elites. Most likely that will translate to a small chance that everyone will be spoiled rotten. I like being spoiled rotten!!:D

This just sounds sooooooo good!!!! Would love to be spoiled this way, as well. DW would be in heaven.:D:D

Does the laundry have to be submitted 30 pieces at a time or can it be split up?

Also, will they give you a drink at Michael's Club to take out. It seems that the answer is no but someone said they allowed it but reluctantly.

I personally would prefer they let me bring my own aboard rather than buy me a drink at Michael's Club that I had to drink there. I enjoy a drink while leisurely cleaning up and dressing for dinner.

Does the laundry have to be submitted 30 pieces at a time or can it be split up?.

What it says on the leaflet which is in your room when you arrive in your cabin is " Complimentary laundry [ wash,dry,fold] of up to 30 items. " . This I believe is per Elite member. It does not say if you can split it , but it does say to " see the accompanying coupon for instructions" . I was only on a seven day cruise, so did not need much done.

....Also, will they give you a drink at Michael's Club to take out. It seems that the answer is no but someone said they allowed it but reluctantly. I personally would prefer they let me bring my own aboard rather than buy me a drink at Michael's Club that I had to drink there. I enjoy a drink while leisurely cleaning up and dressing for dinner.

Well, I guess you can get your drink and then just walk out. But why not enjoy the drink and socialize which is kind of the point. I like a drink with dinner, while cooking, while sitting on my balcony.... So I have them when I feel like having a drink. It's not like it's either/or - you can still have a drink while cleaning up and dressing - buy it.

I know you understand that - and are making a point that instead, Celebrity could, I guess, allow Elites to bring personal booze aboard instead of this 'happy hr'. We can all come up with other options that meet our personal wishes, but what's the point. This is a low-cost benefit Celebrity is offering us.

If you want to drink by yourself in your room do it, if you don't want to go to Michaels because you are Late Dining and it doesn't fit into your schedule, then don't go. If can't fit it in because you'd feel rushed after getting on board and you have Main dining, then don't go. You aren't missing anything owed you or that you paid for. It's a free Benefit.

I hope you take advantage of it and enjoy it, I plan to - fully.

Denny

Well, I guess you can get your drink and then just walk out. But why not enjoy the drink and socialize which is kind of the point. I like a drink with dinner, while cooking, while sitting on my balcony.... So I have them when I feel like having a drink. It's not like it's either/or - you can still have a drink while cleaning up and dressing - buy it.

I know you understand that - and are making a point that instead, Celebrity could, I guess, allow Elites to bring personal booze aboard instead of this 'happy hr'. We can all come up with other options that meet our personal wishes, but what's the point. This is a low-cost benefit Celebrity is offering us.

If you want to drink by yourself in your room do it, if you don't want to go to Michaels because you are Late Dining and it doesn't fit into your schedule, then don't go. If can't fit it in because you'd feel rushed after getting on board and you have Main dining, then don't go. You aren't missing anything owed you or that you paid for. It's a free Benefit.

I hope you take advantage of it and enjoy it, I plan to - fully.

Denny

The times are restrictive and limited. If the perk is to fit into a lifestyle, then it misses for a capture to include those who like to have a 5pm cocktail while relaxing in cabin.

Just remember, before this plenty of the Elites were at the Martini Bar in their own time socializing, so the idea that a 5pm guest like Spender Nui, or myself, which IMHO represents plenty of people, now being required to socialize is not a perk, its a pretty crummy quid pro quo.

Makes one happy to pay for freedom to choose and scorn the scorn of the looks one might get to grab a drink and run.:)

Have you heard the quotation " you can please some of the people some of the time " etc. ? Not even Celebrity can perform miracles. Everyone is NOT going to get EXACTLY what they want, WHEN they want it.

I'm starting to think that some of the posters here can't be pleased by any one at any time no matter what Celebrity offers. Too many threads are just becoming too tedious with complaints about things just not being designed and planned just for them irregardless of how many others are perfectly satisfied.:cool:

I think it's time to go cruising in order to get away from all the naysayers... especially the ones who nit pick ad infinitum despite seldom setting foot on a Celebrity ship.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Have you heard the quotation " you can please some of the people some of the time " etc. ? Not even Celebrity can perform miracles. Everyone is NOT going to get EXACTLY what they want, WHEN they want it.

That's right, that's EXACTLY right. There is also one that says just following the herd too....:D

I'm starting to think that some of the posters here can't be pleased by any one at any time no matter what Celebrity offers. Too many threads are just becoming too tedious with complaints about things just not being designed and planned just for them irregardless of how many others are perfectly satisfied.:cool:

I think it's time to go cruising in order to get away from all the naysayers... especially the ones who nit pick ad infinitum despite seldom setting foot on a Celebrity ship.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Couldn't agree with you more Arno. Just as bad as hearing the complaints while onboard....You're on a cruise, how can they complain about something given to them?

Bill

Couldn't agree with you more Arno. Just as bad as hearing the complaints while onboard....You're on a cruise, how can they complain about something given to them?

Bill

I'm not too sure that something is actually being given with this perk. Something is being offered for the taking as opposed to being outright given to every Elite member who steps on board. That's hairsplitting, I know, but there is a difference.

=============================================

In the first instance Celebrity is offering to give free drinks at a certain hour, in a certain place, to elite members who wish to receive them ......and in the second a member of staff forces every elite member to take a drink, anywhere , all hours of the day and night , whether they want one or not, from the moment they step on board . Why is the first instance bad, and the second instance good ? :confused:

=============================================

In the first instance Celebrity is offering to give free drinks at a certain hour, in a certain place, to elite members who wish to receive them ......and in the second a member of staff forces every elite member to take a drink, anywhere , all hours of the day and night , whether they want one or not, from the moment they step on board . Why is the first instance bad, and the second instance good ? :confused:

The second instance states you may have your beverage any time you want, any where you want. You are free to enjoy it as you wish with out Thanks for being a loyal customer to us. In the first instance, you are penned into a time and location.

So say if I want to enjoy a glass of wine from Cafe al Bacio at 4:30 with a tidbit after an excursion on my way up to my cabin before I dress for the night, I can't. I must stay in MC, be clean and dressed I presume or even I wont go in, and be social enough to meet their standards to obtain the Thank You for my loyalty.

The second instance states you may have your beverage any time you want, any where you want. You are free to enjoy it as you wish with out Thanks for being a loyal customer to us. In the first instance, you are penned into a time and location.

So say if I want to enjoy a glass of wine from Cafe al Bacio at 4:30 with a tidbit after an excursion on my way up to my cabin before I dress for the night, I can't. I must stay in MC, be clean and dressed I presume or even I wont go in, and be social enough to meet their standards to obtain the Thank You for my loyalty.

Oh good grief.

Oh good grief.

Oh good grief what? Would you plan to utilize it after riding a camel in dust and dirt and before you freshened up? Clearly the eyes are on you not to request a beverage and leave!

The point is while there will be a desire to utilize it more fully, the limitations will prevent that from occuring.

Does the laundry have to be submitted 30 pieces at a time or can it be split up?

The submission of the coupon with the laundry, as well as the words "up to 30 items" suggests that the laundry cannot be split. However, you will get 2 coupons per cabin if both parties are elite members.

FinelyCrusing.........If you want free drinks and and where you desire them , then you need to pay for a more expensive cruise .

No Jennie, I don't need to do one single thing different than I have done before on a Celebrity or Royal cruise in the late afternoon. I go and buy a glass of wine and take it to my cabin while I am dressing for dinner. Its just that simple. :)

This reminds me of something that happened on one of our last cruises, a true story : one lady was invited for a bridge tour during sailaway. But the time of the tour wasn't "convenient" for her, since she had "other" things to do. And therefore..... she demanded to be compensated for that ! :eek::p:eek: Of course, she didn't get it, but it's a nice example of what you were stating.

Archived