What size suitcase do you take for 5nt cruise

Look2Sea

What size suitcase do you take for 5nt cruise to Mexican Riviera?

I am going to try to take a carry on size suitcase, but that might not be realistic.

The other suitcase that I have is pretty big.

I may have to purchase an in between size suitcase.

I am taking the train to San Diego train station, and walking 2 blocks to port.

Just checked my 26 inch suitcase, and the handle to roll it is broken.

I have a 22 inch carry on, but I will probably need more room.

I will have to start shopping for a 26 inch suitcase, or maybe I can find 24 or 25 inch.

I work part time in a luggage store, so I can help a bit. 24" is now one of the most popular sizes to purchase. It's not so big you will pack it over the 50lb weght limit for flight but not so small you are as limited as a 22".

Plus, if the bag has a garment sleeve it is large enough for a mans (most men) suit jacket. A 22" just isn't large enough for that.

Go see the luggage in a store to compare, contrary to what a lot of people think, it's not all the same and it's not simply a rectangular zippered box. Good quality will last years and is worth repairing, cheap stuff will not withstand conveyor belts nor rough handlers.

There is a lot to choose from, at many different price points. The people in luggage stores can help a great deal and our prices are the same as anywhere else. Except we don't sell the really cheap stuff like you get at JC Penneys or TJ Maxx ;)

I work part time in a luggage store, so I can help a bit. 24" is now one of the most popular sizes to purchase. It's not so big you will pack it over the 50lb weght limit for flight but not so small you are as limited as a 22".

Thank you so much :)

I am going to go out and look for 24 inch.

Male or female?

For some unknown reason, women seem to need lots more luggage room???

As a male I take one carry-on sized suitcase, plus a small backpack that holds my passport, camera, phone, medicines, valuables, etc., plus a light wind-shell jacket. The suitcase holds my clothing and toiletries kit. If I'm taking a dark suit or tux, I'l wear the suit jacket on board the plane/ship; while the tux jacket suffers from being folded into the suitcase. For the Mexican Riviera, the weather will be mostly warm or hot. Therefore, the clothing will be light-weight. I bring a bathing suit, two pair of shoes (one worn), sandels or flip-flops, nylon teeshirts that dry quickly after laundering, one or two dress shirts, a couple of polo shirts, one pair shorts, one pair slacks in addition to tux pants or suit pants.

We have seen some luggage that was supersized beyond my wildest imagination! We remember seeing the porters actually giggling at a bag so large that could have held two adults inside. If you're flying first, all bets are off of course, but on a cruise bring whatever size you want - evidently they'll gladly push, pull or drag anything you can load. Then again, how much do I really need if a destination is in the '90's.

Archived