Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Hope you are having a great cruise! I am faced with a dilemma. I am sailing on HAL NA in January on a 14 day caribbean. I booked a cat j main deck 1018 originally. Recently I was given the opportunity for a fair reduction on the cabin or an even great fair reduction to move up to a Cat E oceanview (1123). I impulsively took the greatest fair reduction and "upgrade" as the room size was quoted to be only 15sq ft (181 vs 196sq ft) difference per a HAL rep. Now fellow CC members are saying that the Cat J is actually MUCH larger than what HAL quotes. Do you have any insight? THANKS!!!

Not having read the replies to your delimma yet, I am giving only mu=y own opinion based on the knowledge I've learned on these boards from people like RuthC, who loves the J staterooms.

STICK with the J!!!! But, as I said, I've no experience personally but if RuthC suggests that stateroom, I'd keep it in a heartbeat!!

The photo in the link LOOKS to me to be of an Inside I on one of the higher decks on Eurodam. You might ask mamaofami if she remembers as I saw her name on one of the photos.

I do have photos of a couple of J Insides on Eurodam Deck 1 that will be extremely similar on NA here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Deck-1.html

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I've never seen a photo of any of the bathrooms on any of the HAL ships. Is there a reason for this?:confused:

First, click on the ship you are considering -- then scroll down the different decks -- you may have to check several before finding photos of the bathrooms -- not everyone posts them (unfortunately, as they are of great importance, to me, anyway). You may even have to look at several ships in the same class in order to find the photos you need. I have yet to sail with HAL, but they look quite nice, IMO.

Edited by HamburgAvonLady

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. We are in VC5024 in Feb 2012. I noticed when I was looking at the deck plans that at the end of our hallway - so right at the bow of the ship, there are stairs. Are those stairs accessible to the passengers? (Just thinking it would be a fast way to get around rather than down the hallway towards the middle of the ship.)

Also, beyond those stairs is a deck area - with cabins SY5002 and SY5001 straddling that. Is that deck area for those two cabins (it appears that the cabin's doors open onto the port and starboard sides not the front part) or is it for anyone who wants to use it? Just asking because it looks like a wonderful area to have some private time, if sun isn't hitting our veranda at some point.

Thanks in advance.

Marion

Is anyone having a problem accessing the photos and mini-reviews of the various cabins on the ships? Nothing loads and I get a message about connection problems. But I am connected??? Help please.

The server is being updated so.........

That is why I have a back up web site here: http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

Thank you so much. I just saw that there is a cabin that has become available on the Amsterdam, one that I originally wanted, but it was booked. I wanted to read the comments on it before making my decision to call my TA. By the way, you are such a wealth of knowledge. I am a big lurker on the posts and read them all. It is amazing how much info you have and share with us.

And a big THANK YOU for this link and all the work you do to keep it up to date.

Thank you so much. I just saw that there is a cabin that has become available on the Amsterdam, one that I originally wanted, but it was booked. I wanted to read the comments on it before making my decision to call my TA. By the way, you are such a wealth of knowledge. I am a big lurker on the posts and read them all. It is amazing how much info you have and share with us.

And a big THANK YOU for this link and all the work you do to keep it up to date.

Thank you very much:) BUT the BIG THANKS should go to ALL Cruise Critic Members who have made this project possible!!!

I do nothing other than host a place for this vast info:) And I love doing it:)

Joanie

My wife and I just returned from a 20 day cruise in the med. on the Noordam. We booked this ocean view stateroom on the main deck (lowest deck) starboard side just in front of the aft elevators. Don't have photos but it was a pretty standard ocean view room. Certainly adequate for the trip and in good condition.

Unfortunately, it happens that this room is directly over what is called a marshalling area. This results in extremely loud industrial noise (chain hoist etc.) which started around 0700 each morning and goes on most of the day. We made our concerns known to the front desk and tho they initially acted like this was a surprise to them they did, in the end, move us to another room without charge.

Our friends who were only a few doors down the hall from us didn't seem to hear anything like we did so this may be an extremely isolated problem. We were happy with how HAL finally resolved the problem but thought this might be of interest here.

My wife and I just returned from a 20 day cruise in the med. on the Noordam. We booked this ocean view stateroom on the main deck (lowest deck) starboard side just in front of the aft elevators. Don't have photos but it was a pretty standard ocean view room. Certainly adequate for the trip and in good condition.

Unfortunately, it happens that this room is directly over what is called a marshalling area. This results in extremely loud industrial noise (chain hoist etc.) which started around 0700 each morning and goes on most of the day. We made our concerns known to the front desk and tho they initially acted like this was a surprise to them they did, in the end, move us to another room without charge.

Our friends who were only a few doors down the hall from us didn't seem to hear anything like we did so this may be an extremely isolated problem. We were happy with how HAL finally resolved the problem but thought this might be of interest here.

Thank you so much for this info!! I have it up and running on my back up site now. I will upload it to my Main Pages as soon as my server comes back on line (I have sent in a Tech Support ticket).

This is information that we all need to have and we all apreciate it!!

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have a shot of an aft balcony on the Eurodam - Rotterdam Deck? We're booked in VT7143 on October 29th and I've yet to see one anywhere online.

Thanks!

I have photos from her 2 year younger sister ship, Nieuw Amsterdam, which should be almost exactly the same:)

VA 7143 Nieuw Amsterdam http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-7.html

Joanie

I have photos from her 2 year younger sister ship, Nieuw Amsterdam, which should be almost exactly the same:)

VA 7143 Nieuw Amsterdam http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-7.html

Joanie

Dear Joanie,

I have been on my PC for 3 days trying to get pictures of a VE cabin on the Oosterdam. I have gone to your site many times but the only thing that comes up is the same picture that is in the catalogue HAL TA gave us. For some reason I thought people sent you actual photos from their trips of different cabins and you posted them. I have been all over the CC sites and can find no photos of this type of cabin. Will be on level 5 in 3 months.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Darlene

Dear Joanie,

I have been on my PC for 3 days trying to get pictures of a VE cabin on the Oosterdam. I have gone to your site many times but the only thing that comes up is the same picture that is in the catalogue HAL TA gave us. For some reason I thought people sent you actual photos from their trips of different cabins and you posted them. I have been all over the CC sites and can find no photos of this type of cabin. Will be on level 5 in 3 months.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Darlene

Darlene, Below are a few links to some of the VE photos found on my site of some of the various VE's and their descriptions from various HAL ships.

Click on each photo to see it enlarged.

BTW, you are probably not clicking on the decks listed and highlighted (they are linked to each deck and their photos) Go below the Standard HAL photos and you will find the photos.

To find the links to each ship's decks go to the bottom of each ship's main page and click on (as an Example Deck 5 - Verandah Deck - Staterooms 5001 - 5193 )

Eurodam VE 5072, 5088, 5109 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Deck-5.html

Nieuw Amsterdam VE 5122 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-5.html

Noordam VE 5076 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/Deck-5.html

Oosterdam VE 5101 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/Deck-5.html

I hope that these will help you and the link to the Main Page so that you can look at Westerdam and Zuiderdam's VE staterooms also if you wish is http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

I can only post what I receive from fellow Cruise Critic Members (and they have been most generous:) or find on the internet. So if you cannot find specific photos I am sorry, but we do the best that we can considering we are all doing this to assist our fellow CC members:)

If I do not have the specific stateroom(s) you are looking for, then I have not received any for that stateroom. I post what I receive:)

Joanie

I am having the same problem, using an ipad. When you click on the deck number you get taken to the HAL schematic. When you click on the room number range, it just asks if I want to "add this number to a contact". Maybe it is an ipad thing.

I am having the same problem, using an ipad. When you click on the deck number you get taken to the HAL schematic. When you click on the room number range, it just asks if I want to "add this number to a contact". Maybe it is an ipad thing.

Sister5, I have no idea if it is an iPad thing or not. I do not have one... Would you be willing to test it out for me following the steps below??

Let me try to break this down easily and we can see if it is an iPad thing OK?

When you go to the main site you then will click on one of the ships, I am going to use Zuiderdam, Deck 7, Stateroom SB 7142 as my example:

So the steps will be:

1. Main Site: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

2. Then to the Bottom of the page for the Zuiderdam which will take you to: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

3. Now we want to go once more to the bottom of the page to just under where it says "To make the Stateroom Pages themselves less graphic intensive they are divided by Deck Number. Please click on the Deck Number to see the stateroom photos for that particular deck." And below that you will see each Deck number and name along with stateroom numbers listed for each deck.

4. You will then click on Deck 7 - Rotterdam Deck - Staterooms 7001–7151 which will take you to: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/Deck-7.html .

5. Now you will want to go down to about 3/4 of the way down the page to SB 7142 Deluxe Verandah Suite Deck 7 Rotterdam Deck which has the photos and description of SB 7142 and click on any of those photos to see it enlarged to full sized.

Hope this helps. If it does not, then it has to be an iPad thing. Please let me know what happens each of the steps I've listed above and IF there is still a problem we might be able to enlist one of our thousands of Cruise Critic iPad users for their assistance...

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I use an Ipad2 often (with Safari). I get the same result as when I use a laptop. Steps are the same. Make sure you are logged into cruise critic - that can make a difference in seeing pictures.

Thanks for the great pictures!! It is so great for planning and wishing....

I use an Ipad2 often (with Safari). I get the same result as when I use a laptop. Steps are the same. Make sure you are logged into cruise critic - that can make a difference in seeing pictures.

Thanks for the great pictures!! It is so great for planning and wishing....

On my site HAL Staterooms/Cabins you do not need to be logged into Cruise Critic:) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ It is on my personal web site and the photos and descriptions (most of them) are from fellow CC members:)

Joanie

It worked. I was going half way down the last page and clicking on the stateroom numbers, when, in fact, the room photos were right there on that page, a little further down. Thanks so much, what a helpful site! Now if they would just assign me a cabin . . .

It worked. I was going half way down the last page and clicking on the stateroom numbers, when, in fact, the room photos were right there on that page, a little further down. Thanks so much, what a helpful site! Now if they would just assign me a cabin . . .

Glad it worked for you!! I was worried that I'd have to get a bit techie in making the site accessible for iPad users when I have no idea how to even use one:eek:

Joanie

There is a wonderful web site that I joined. It is very little money to join ( 12.99 for lifetime memebership), and you get so much information for the type of room you are looking for, along with photos from real people, not just what the cruiseline wants you to see. In fact that is where I found this website, it had a link to it.

http://cruisestateroom.com/

I just went on the site and it states that it is $24.99 for a lifetime membership. I am a little nervous spending that kind of money and then having only the standard stock photos from the cruise lines. :(