Car Rental and Car Seat questions

Yo Eleven

After endlessly thinking about what to do in St. Maarten it looks like the best bet to explore what you want on the island on your own time without wasting time chasing down taxis/buses, it is better to rent a car.

I am wondering does anyone know of a reputable place to rent a car? Can you rent one when you get off the ship in a timely manner or do you need to reserve ahead of time?

Also, do these rent a car places rent out car seats for little passengers? I will probably have to contact the actual places but thought I would start out here for any answers. Thanks.

There are 5 car rental booths at the pier - Hertz, Budget and 3 local operations. We have only used Hertz, which is the most expensive, but has fairly new cars in good shape, and which sends you out with a full tank.

Since you need a car seat they might be able to help you. Their local website (this is not the Hertz International website) is

http://sxmrentacar.com/

This would be the place to ask. If making a reservation, at the bottom of the res. form, in comments, specify "cruise ship pier pickup"

St. Martin is not the US when it comes to many car safety issues.

There are 5 car rental booths at the pier - Hertz, Budget and 3 local operations. We have only used Hertz, which is the most expensive, but has fairly new cars in good shape, and which sends you out with a full tank.

Since you need a car seat they might be able to help you. Their local website (this is not the Hertz International website) is

http://sxmrentacar.com/

This would be the place to ask. If making a reservation, at the bottom of the res. form, in comments, specify "cruise ship pier pickup"

St. Martin is not the US when it comes to many car safety issues.

Thanks for the reply and leads. I am sending emails to the companies.

I have heard back from a couple of places within one day of sending my email. Very nice to hear back from them.

I will let you know play by play. I don't want to say the name of the place yet as they could be reading this and want to make certain it is an unbiased experience without anyone "sugar coating" it.

But so far the response has been great.

Archived