Question for those just off Freedom Western itinerary

JanineM

Could someone who just got off Freedom confirm that the 2nd formal night (night 5?) is indeed shellfish night in the MDR?

I saw on recent Compasses that night 4 is "surf night" and wanted to make sure that doesn't mean "surf & turf" night ... I'm allergic to shellfish so we avoid the MDR on lobster night. I made a reservation in Chops for night 5, but will need to change it if necessary.

Thanks in advance! Please also post anything new/exciting/not to be missed!

I am on the Freedom now and they just told me 2nd formal night on Eastern is the 6th night and 2nd night on Western is the 5th night

Hey! I hope you can do some detective work and find out how the DL and CL are working as it relates to what drinks are available in the DL and if D+ will be permitted in both lounges since the website says D+ does have CL access without differentiating between ships.

Thanks! I'm not the only one dying to know. :)

Hey! I hope you can do some detective work and find out how the DL and CL are working as it relates to what drinks are available in the DL and if D+ will be permitted in both lounges since the website says D+ does have CL access without differentiating between ships.

Thanks! I'm not the only one dying to know. :)

I wish I could but I am only a Platinum.

Yes, that is all correct. The 4th night (Ocho Rios) is Surf Night. The "surf & turf" is a steak with shrimp. They have a coconut creme brulee that is not to be missed in the MDR. =)

The 5th night (GRand Cayman) is the 2nd formal night with the Fisherman's Plate (lobster and shrimp).

Have fun on your cruise!

I am on the Freedom now and they just told me 2nd formal night on Eastern is the 6th night and 2nd night on Western is the 5th night

It would be great if you could confirm the second formal night on the Eastern route. Compass from 6/14 sailing has the formal night on Day 5 (Thu) the St. Maarten day along with the Fisherman's plate too!

Thanks for the info, previous Eastern sailings had 2nd formal night on 5th night so they must have changed it. If this is the case I need to change my Portofino reservation as I don't want to be in the speciality restaurant on formal night.

Thanks for the info, previous Eastern sailings had 2nd formal night on 5th night so they must have changed it. If this is the case I need to change my Portofino reservation as I don't want to be in the speciality restaurant on formal night.

Same for me, but I do have compass and menus from a 6/14 sailing that show the formal night as day 5. Shoot me your email if you'd like a copy.

rbk "at" crosspaths "dot" net

Yes, that is all correct. The 4th night (Ocho Rios) is Surf Night. The "surf & turf" is a steak with shrimp. They have a coconut creme brulee that is not to be missed in the MDR. =)

The 5th night (GRand Cayman) is the 2nd formal night with the Fisherman's Plate (lobster and shrimp).

Have fun on your cruise!

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed to know. :)

Hi Bob

I've got a copy of that compass thanks anyway for the offer. Another cruiser on our roll call has received an email from the concierge and he confirms that on the Eastern itinerary, day 6 is now the 2nd formal night.

Any idea if the Fisherman's plate will now be night 6?

Archived