Leisure Inn Sydney Central for pre cruise stay

FlLuvstravel

We are booked on the Volendam leaving Sydney on Dec 6th and we have booked 3 nights prior to the cruise at Leisure Inn Sydney Central. The price was right and I'm hoping we didn't make a terrible mistake. I just joined this forum today and wish I had done it sooner. :p

We don't plan to be in the room much but I needed something that was inexpensive and convenient to things. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel?

Ummm. Regent Street opposite Central Station. Oh dear! Not the best part of Sydney. Sorry but no way would I stay there!

I would stay at any of the hotels at Darling Harbour. Very similar rates and at least you can walk outside your hotel at night. Restaurants close by too.

http://hotelclub.com.au/SearchResults.asp?id=1

The location is not good, I'd spend more and stay in a better hotel in a better location... It's not everyday you go all the way down to Oz, why not do it right. ;)

I've stayed at the Four Seasons since it was the Regent. I like being close to Circular Quay and the ferry terminus. There are a number of nice hotels in the Rocks area as well.

We are staying at the Four Points Sheraton, city view queen bed and includes breadfast for $180 Austalian. U.S. converts to about $150 for us. Good location for us since our cruise on the Sun Princess departs from Darling Harbor.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

While the hotel itself may be okay, you do say you want convenient, so I'd suggest somewhere a little further north in the City (say Museum or Town Hall areas at least as a southern boundary to look in) would be more convenient. It is closer to the port and Town Hall is the most central of the areas for the city itself.

The price difference between the Four Seasons, Four Points is massive, if they are looking at prices of the Leisure Inn, those hotels won't come into it.

We just stayed at the Mercure hotel right at Central station. It is convenient, clean and good rep. Prices can vary a bit, so it might be too expensive. Not sure if your booking is able to be cancelled or not.

I see you found your rollcall. We are on the cruise after yours. :)

Just looked up pricing, I think it is too expensive. Another hotel I have stayed at is the Hyde Park Inn. It has little kitchenettes in the rooms and supplies a breakfast pack. You can then save money of food. Also has free parking which is a rarity in Sydney.

We are staying at the Best Western Stellar and using points. Any one know this hotel (Dec 4th & 5th) I also understand thw the Volendam (Dec 6) leaves from Darling harbour.

Ontario Cruiser

The Sydney Ports website (http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule) currently shows the Volendam leaves from the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay for this sailing, but perhaps there has been a recent change. You might want to check with HAL.

The Sydney Ports website (www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule) currently shows the Volendam leaves from the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay for this sailing, but perhaps there has been a recent change. You might want to check with HAL.

Thank you erisr for that information, as we are on that cruise and obviously they have changed the departure location, as it was leaving from Darling Harbour, according to that website. I wonder why that has changed? I was looking at hotels in darling harbour and will now have to change that.

Thanks

Leanne

• 2 months later...

Archived