Formal Nights On The Brilliance........

are when??? I really would like to "kill" 2 birds with one stone as far as at least one formal nite is concerned. Thought maybe as soon as we boarded, I could head for Chops and make reservations for one of the formal nites and then I'd only have to put the "monkey suit" on once. As you can probably tell, I'm not "at home" in that attire. Pretty much a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. Getting close now. Thanks, everyone. Mike!!

We were on the 12/13 Brilliance 11 night sailing and formal nights were on days at sea 2 and 9. (The other nights were quite casual.)

We ate at Chops once and Portofinos twice and enjoyed it immensely with Portofinos being our favorite. The only consideration to dining at the specialty rest. on formal nights is that the main dining room usually steps up the menu for formal night which you would miss. We also noticed a very casual attire on this ship for meals -- jeans were worn in the dining room and men didn't necessarily wear a jacket when dining in the specialty rest. Some did, others not. Bottom line, go and enjoy yourself!

Thanks for the info about Chops. We're not even taking formal clothes this time. They do take up a lot of room. However I do have the coat and tie that seems to be required for "smart" casual times, and obviously this will be sufficient. I don't think I could show up there in either jeans or shorts. I would really feel out of place. Anyway, thanks again. Mike!!

We were on the 12/13 Brilliance 11 night sailing and formal nights were on days at sea 2 and 9. (The other nights were quite casual.)

Did they have "smart casual" and were jackets required for men on those days?

Hi folks,

To clarify... the specialty rest. (which are wonderful!) are smart casual on those nights and formal on formal nights. That being said... we saw a wide variety of dress for the smart casual nights in those rest.

For example, in our party of 6 for a smart casual night in Portofinos, one man wore a suit, another a navy coat and the 3rd wore a simple short sleeved collar shirt and dockers. Women adhered to smart cas. All had a good time and no one seemed out of place. We ate in the main dining room for formal nights so I can't comment on what people wore in Chops or Portofinos on those nights. Enjoy -- Also, if you can get Caroline's table in Portofinos, go for it. She's wonderful and a lot of fun.

are when??? I really would like to "kill" 2 birds with one stone as far as at least one formal nite is concerned. Thought maybe as soon as we boarded, I could head for Chops and make reservations for one of the formal nites and then I'd only have to put the "monkey suit" on once. As you can probably tell, I'm not "at home" in that attire. Pretty much a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. Getting close now. Thanks, everyone. Mike!!

When we were on Explorer, the people taking reservations could tell us what menu's were being served in the dining room on what nights. They could also tell us what ports we were in and how late we would be in port for each night of the trip. I'm sure they can tell you which nights are the formal nights as well.

I'd just ask them when making reservations.

Thanks again, guys, for all the helpful info. That's what I like about these boards and this board in particular. This is only our 3rd cruise, so really still kinda in the learning stages. However we're both quick studys and have picked up on a lot of ins & outs, dos & don'ts. And, let me tell you, LOL, there's a ton of them, isn't there?? OK, guys, great cruisin' to everyone.

Mike!!

RCCL web site calls for 2 formal and 3 smart casual(coat and tie) dinners on a 10-12 night cruise and 3 formal and 4 smart casual on a 14-15 night cruise. We are going on the BOS repo 4/29/05 which is 13 nights. Does anyone know what the dress code for that trip is?

• 2 weeks later...

I just love this board..... and now the search engine. We will be on the Brilliance in 12 days and I wanted to know how many formal nights. The docs say two formal and three smart casual. I will now post on our M & M thread that we only have two.

When we were on the Splendour last year for a 12 night Panama Canal cruise the docs said the very same thing, but they had three formal nights. I was so glad that I had read on the CC board that there were three instead of two so I was prepared. Of course the world wouldn't have come to an end if I had to wear the same thing twice. I so enjoy the dressing up for dinner, I like to have something different for each night.

RCCL web site calls for 2 formal and 3 smart casual(coat and tie) dinners on a 10-12 night cruise and 3 formal and 4 smart casual on a 14-15 night cruise. We are going on the BOS repo 4/29/05 which is 13 nights. Does anyone know what the dress code for that trip is?

See ya on board. I am bringing my tux and at least one dark suit plus navy blazer.Dry cleaner will be active . I would guess that should do it. 2 and 3 is more likely but nothing stopping you from dressing up as much as you want. Now to lose weight to get into my tuxedo!! Are you posting on the meet and mingle board for that cruise??

Marty

Archived