Question about Carnival's doors

dsnygrl

We put up a door sign to celebrate my son's birthday on every cruise plus it helps us find out door. Could someone refresh my memory please, are Carnival's doors metal or do I need to bring tape. We are going on the Holiday if it makes a difference. Thanks

We put up a door sign to celebrate my son's birthday on every cruise plus it helps us find out door. Could someone refresh my memory please, are Carnival's doors metal or do I need to bring tape. We are going on the Holiday if it makes a difference. Thanks

Always, always always bring a roll of duct tape with you on your cruise. :)

Could someone refresh my memory please, are Carnival's doors metal or do I need to bring tape. We are going on the Holiday if it makes a difference. Thanks

Yes it makes a HUGE difference...

Holiday and Fantasy Class ships have metal doors with a plastic veneer over them. Strong Magnets will work, but they have to be strong.

Any other Carnival ships the magnets mostly only stick to the outside door frame - not the actual doors.

Always, always always bring a roll of duct tape with you on your cruise. :)

I see the smiley face here, so I just want to make sure you are joking about this specifically. Please don't ever use duct tape on the doors to put up your decorations. It will leave a giant sticky mess for either you or the steward to clean up afterward. Not fun for you, and not fair if you leave it for the cabin steward.

Don't know about the Holiday doors. One trip the magnetic signs did not stick to the doors, but they did work on the door frames.

Exactly! Holiday and Fantasy Class ships are your best bet for door magnets. All other ships most likely it won't work on the doors, and only on the door frames.

I use the tacky puddy. It works great on any surface and you can buy it everywhere.

Absolutely! Anything like this, or invisible tape will work on every door on every ship.;)

Archived