Dress Code ?

happy to be sailing

MSC Opera. On a 11 night cruise . How many formal nights for dinner & what is the std dress code for men. Is a sports jacket with tie & linen pants suitable? Thanks

Should be 3 and that sounds absolutely fine for formal wear. there will be a few more formally dressed a quite a few less so, but a lot will be wearing what you are proposing to.

Have fun. Absolutely loved the Opera. She may be small by today's behemoth standards but she is very beautiful.

Should be 3 and that sounds absolutely fine for formal wear. there will be a few more formally dressed a quite a few less so, but a lot will be wearing what you are proposing to.

Have fun. Absolutely loved the Opera. She may be small by today's behemoth standards but she is very beautiful.

Noting a couple of Trans-Atlantics on your cruising history, I am curious as to how you did the other halves - did you book air through the line, or on your own? If on your own, how did you avoid excessive one-way fares?

Noting a couple of Trans-Atlantics on your cruising history, I am curious as to how you did the other halves - did you book air through the line, or on your own? If on your own, how did you avoid excessive one-way fares?

On both occasions MSC provided the flights as part of the cruise. The first was with BA and the second was with American Airlines. That said on my next voygae (sail to S Africa, fly back), I wasn't happy with the arrangements they were going to make so got them to discount the fare for making my own air arrangements. Booked with BA as they price one way anyway - so no penalty. They are also very reasonable for taking additional luggage as they have a flat fee for an extra bag, rather than pricing excess baggage by the pound or kilo like many other airlines do.

Archived