Replacement for the Diamond.

It would appear that sooner,or later,the Diamond will leave the RSSC fleet.

Given the bouyancy of the European cruise market,as evidenced by Celebrity redeploying the Century from the Caribbean to Europe for 2005,RSSC will,presumably,have to think of a long term replacement for the Diamond.

I hope that any such replacement will be a similarly sized ship.To my mind,in cruising, "big is beautiful" is not always true.I feel that there is a demand for small cruise ships which the big companies are not meeting.

As with the Seabourn ships,there is on the Diamond an atmosphere,and intimacy,that is very attractive..It would be a pity if that is lost in any replacement.

Navigator spends her time in Bermuda for the summer. I think they will just move the Navigator back to Europe. Mariner - Alaska. Voyager - Baltics some Med and Navigator - Med and Greek islands. Bermuda has been a recent addition to the schedule since they got the Voygager. Seems logical they will go back to the old plans. That worked very well.

Since the Voyager has quietly changed it's transatlantic route through Funchal rather than the Canaries in November, it may be transitioned to pick up the Diamond itinerary. I'll miss the Diamond as I really prefer her for the crossing, but am also realistic about her limitations. I'm scheduled for both crossings in 2005, so will await any news with patience.

Archived