Carnival upper bunks...

tasha78

hi, does anyone know if the mattresses on the upper bunks removable, reason being is i will be traveling with a 21 month old, and the length of the crib is to short, my DS is tall, and I would like to lay it on the floor next to the bed for him to sleep on, or how about a roll away?????????? we r booked in an interior room. thanks 4 your comments in advance...........

My kids and I were on Carnival Liberty last month in an inside cabin. The upper bunks folded down out of the ceiling and were the same length as the other beds. There is a railing across a little over half of the length of the bed, but it still wouldn't be safe for a toddler. I don't know if the mattress could have come out, but even if it could, there wasn't enough room anywhere on the floor. I don't know if a rollaway would fit in another cabin, but one wouldn't have fit in ours. If a cabin with an upper bunk is your best option, what about putting an adult in the upper and having the toddler in the lower? Not an ideal arrangement for the adults, but it's safer for the child. If a rollaway would work better you could check the layout of the ships on Carnival's web site to find out which cabins can have three people and then ask about the arrangement of a specific cabin on a specific ship. Good luck!

My kids and I were on Carnival Liberty last month in an inside cabin. The upper bunks folded down out of the ceiling and were the same length as the other beds. There is a railing across a little over half of the length of the bed, but it still wouldn't be safe for a toddler. I don't know if the mattress could have come out, but even if it could, there wasn't enough room anywhere on the floor. I don't know if a rollaway would fit in another cabin, but one wouldn't have fit in ours. If a cabin with an upper bunk is your best option, what about putting an adult in the upper and having the toddler in the lower? Not an ideal arrangement for the adults, but it's safer for the child. If a rollaway would work better you could check the layout of the ships on Carnival's web site to find out which cabins can have three people and then ask about the arrangement of a specific cabin on a specific ship. Good luck!

Thank you 4 your response...........I think I am just gonna reserve a crib, and use the upper bunk to store suitcases, and all of my son's toys and etc....

We went on the Inspiration this past Jan and my son was 2 1/2 and he's not tall for his age. The cribs are very small portable cribs so if your son is tall for his age he's going to be squished. What about having him sleep in between you and your husband or maybe even just bring your own pac n play those might actually be longer.

We went on the Inspiration this past Jan and my son was 2 1/2 and he's not tall for his age. The cribs are very small portable cribs so if your son is tall for his age he's going to be squished. What about having him sleep in between you and your husband or maybe even just bring your own pac n play those might actually be longer.

I was trying to avoid bringing my pac and play, don't wanna bring my entire house with me......I have to consider it, he will probably just sleep with me and my DH.

What ship are you on? Some of the older ships have a rollaway option. I didn't try to remove the mattress from the bunk, but it seems like it would have come down.

I will b on the Carnival Dream.............and then I will go on the Carnival Glory the following year with the same room..

Archived