From Piraeus Metro to cruise terminal

william bennett

I would be suprised if you did not depart from the cruise terminal. It is a bit of a hike I would guess 1/2 mile or more and the pavement quality is often poor. When you exit the metro station (above ground) you will see the harbour, which is vast, across the road. I seem to recall that there is an escalator equipped footbridge across the main road to the seaward side, but may be wrong. In any event cross over (prayers are offered) Keep the harbour on your right and where the road widens and bears right you will see the main cruise terminal. That said, I would have thought that it would not be difficult to get a cab from the metro terminal area at around 6-7€. In short, if you are fairly fit and lightly loaded you could walk it with ease, but the cab is probably the better option. The harbour probably has more berths than your vessel and is a reminder of the near unique maritime nature of Greece; we have thought of touring the Greek isles ferry hopping but we are probably a little to wrinkly (but not yet crumbly) for that!

A visit to google maps may be a good idea.

Do not forget to validate your metro ticket before boarding!

Bon Voyage

metro station is as described...you come out and there is a bridge to the port area...escalators and elevators on both ends so you can handle your luggage...on the other side is the port...our research said there was a bus inside the port to take you to the cruise terminal..never saw it...started to walk (looking for this bus) towards the terminal. asked a local who walked us out to the street and showed us where to catch a local bus...it was only about 3 stops away...driver did not want to let us on with luggage as he thought we were headed to the airport...pax from another ship doing a day trip showed us where to get off..it was about a half mile from the terminal..lugged our luggage (on wheels)...all in all a pain but doable...I would grab a cab at the station if I were to do it again and I HATE athenian cab drivers...

Archived