What's this I hear about martini tasting??

MaiTaiMary

and more importantly.... can anybody tell me if it's available on the Spirit 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise?? :cool:

They had it on the Spirit last month, but it was not "tasting", they had Martini's for sale. I did not have one, but I our table mates did. They said it was very good. I do not know the price.

I have been trying to find this out too! Someone posted a martini "tasting" for $15 and I think that person said they got 6 martinis (just below the normal size.)

sailing Splendor soon and would LOVE to know if they are doing that on the Splendor!

CMECruise1962 posted this a couple of days ago on another thread:

"But...on the Glory, one relatively inexpensive thing I did was the martini tasting! For $15 you get 6 (yes SIX) almost full sized martinis...from alist of about 15! I tried some really yummy (think mango, chocolate, pineapple) martinis...met some FUN people...for $15!! If my daughter wasn't ready to have dinner, I would have done a SECOND round!! LOL "

From CalmCruiser who is just off the Splendor in response to my question about it:

"I just looked through the Capers from our cruise and there wasn't a Martini tasting listed anywhere I could find -- I definitely would have participated if it had been offered."

I know they do this on NCL ships, never seen it on Carnival. Our last 10 day NCL cruise had 2 each of: martini, wine and cheese, beer, and margarita tastings. I understand the Mexico cruises sometimes have a mojito one also. Very fun and they were $15 a session.

I've personally never seen that offered on a Carnival cruise.

I have experienced it on NCL though.

Ditto. On our NCL Alaska cruise last year there was a Grey Goose "ambassador" aboard who had a Martini tasting session - it was very good. Entirely free of charge.

Howard

Just off the Carnival Conquest...listed in the Capers was 'Bar Mixology 101...' It was a free martini tasting with a very knowledgeable & fun mixologist at the La Tour Wine Bar. She made us many (5 - 7) samples & was very generous in pouring. Very enjoyable & informative. IDK if this is offered fleetwide.

Just off the Carnival Conquest...listed in the Capers was 'Bar Mixology 101...' It was a free martini tasting with a very knowledgeable & fun mixologist at the La Tour Wine Bar. She made us many (5 - 7) samples & was very generous in pouring. Very enjoyable & informative. IDK if this is offered fleetwide.

Oh, I so would have loved this on our recent Splendor cruise!

and more importantly.... can anybody tell me if it's available on the Spirit 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise?? :cool:

On my 2006 spirit cruise there was a Martini Bar set up outside one of the bars. It was really cool. There was a very high ice sculpture that they poured the martinis through and caught it in your glass. The martinis were very, very cold. Wonderful!

Well, yeah I assumed they would have martini's for sale someplace on the ship. *LOL* I was referring to a special tasting where you sample different kinds, like what classc1 was referring to.

Anybody know if this is available on the Spirit?? :)

They had an event called a Martini Tasting on the cruise I just went on. It was like others had said, you got several different kinds of martinis for a flat price. I believe it was 4 for 15 bucks as mentioned earlier.

They called it a Martini Tasting, but it wasn's a special tasing where you just got to sample different ones for free.

Archived