NCL Sun Mex Riveria questions

kashew

Will be going on Oct sailing.

1 For breakfast I like jalapeno slices in my omlet. Do they have them available or should I bring my own?

2 Do all rooms have a fridge?

3 We're looking at going to a beach at just about every port. Some place with a good beach with maybe some body surfing? If not, just swimming is OK too. Maybe some drinks, local food? Some shade? We would like to do this with a local taxi or van that would take us there, stay there, and take us back to the ship.

I remember going to a beach about 20? miles north of PV. Could this be done?

What is the going price for different ports?

Any way of getting this done in advance, or should we do it on the fly when we get into port? Any names of local agents would be appreciated!

Just to be on the safe side I would take some of my own jalapenos. I am with you... love em.

I am almost certain all rooms have fridges. We had our stewards clear ours out on the first day. Great for snacks and leftovers.

Enjoy the Sun.

We should create a list of "odd" things people cannot live without on their cruises and will take it in their luggage if unsure. I think jalepenos in the omelet is a new one!

The only thing I have any info on:

In Mazatlan, you'll have two options for beaching. Going to Stone Island or going to beaches near hotels on the Golden Zone. Check out the Mexican Riviera Port board for more on each of those. We did Stone Island and it was great, though too many vendors trying to sell you their wares. You can catch a water taxi near the ship for about $2 pp. Again, check the ports area: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

I remember going to a beach about 20? miles north of PV. Could this be done? We went to the Botanical Gardens which was considerably north of the port (maybe 15 miles?) with no problem. The bus is cheap, but you have to be comfortable using the bus system yourself (locals will be nice and help you I'm sure) and it's not particularly comfortable for the long ride. We took the taxi there (about $30 for 3 of us) and the bus back. Taxis will be lined up by the cruise terminal. Don't be afraid to haggle a bit.

Archived