Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay from St Thomas

shashi883

We will be arriving in St Thomas at 8:00 and depart at 6:00. My DH and I would love to take the ferry over to St John and visit either Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay. Is this possible to do in the amount of time that we will be in St Thomas? I don't want to be rushed. Which beach is best?

We will be arriving in St Thomas at 8:00 and depart at 6:00. My DH and I would love to take the ferry over to St John and visit either Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay. Is this possible to do in the amount of time that we will be in St Thomas? I don't want to be rushed. Which beach is best?

YES - NO PROBLEMS!

You will probably have to board 30-60 minutes for your ship's departure so say 500pm return on board.

We had a similar departure schedule & arrived @ Trunk Bay @ 230pm & left on a 5pm ferry from Cruz Bay. With taxi on STJ & from Red Hook made it back by 6pm for our 615 last boarding call. There was only 1 ship in town.

That being said - all the schedules laid out on this board for STJ/TB/CB have been accurate to a tee.

20-30 min from Havensight Pier to Redhook

15-20 min from Redhook to CruzBay

10-15 min from CruzBay to Trunk/Cinnamon (includes overlook picture time by taxi driver)

45-65 min total 1 way travel

(does not include waiting time in between hourly ferries)

Leave your ship @ 830 - get to to Trunk by 930 ish.

My main advice - leave as early as possible from your ship for the journey & maximize beach time. Enjoy!

ps - I ended up taking the taxi from Havensight after I couldn't locate a bus. They both do the same thing except taxi cost nominally more & are easier to track down.

YES - NO PROBLEMS!

You will probably have to board 30-60 minutes for your ship's departure so say 500pm return on board.

We had a similar departure schedule & arrived @ Trunk Bay @ 230pm & left on a 5pm ferry from Cruz Bay. With taxi on STJ & from Red Hook made it back by 6pm for our 615 last boarding call. There was only 1 ship in town.

That being said - all the schedules laid out on this board for STJ/TB/CB has been accurate to a tee.

20-30 min from Havensight Pier to Redhook

15-20 min from Redhook to CruzBay

10-15 min from CruzBay to Trunk/Cinnamon (includes overlook picture time by taxi driver)

45-65 min total 1 way travel

(does not include waiting time in between hourly ferries)

Leave your ship @ 830 - get to to Trunk by 930 ish.

My main advice - leave as early as possible from your ship for the journey & maximize beach time. Enjoy!

Thanks very much. We are early birds so getting there early won't be a problem.

Archived