Dolphin in Grand Cayman or Cozmel??

Not sure anyone is going to have the answer to this, but we are going to do the dolphin excursion and cant decide to do it in GC or Cozmel. Has anyone done it on both islands and if so, do you have a preference?

Im going to post this on teh Grand Cayman board as well.

Thx

I'm a noob but have done a ton of research and will be traveling to both locations for the first time. Reviews of both locations have been overwhelmingly positive so I can't imagine you'd "miss out" by doing one over the other.

Grand Cayman has the sting ray city, which is basically just a sandbar where you interact with friend WILD string rays. It's highly recommended and the most popular thing to do there, especially if you haven't been there before. Unless you had something major planned in Cozumel, like the mainland Tulum ruins which takes all day, I'd recommend swimming with the dolphins in Coz and the rays in G.C. :)

I'm having that same dillema. at GC if you do the dolphins, you can get into the turtle farm for free. But Cozumel, you can snorkel all day for free.

What ever you plan, I would recommend reserving online this month. There is a 30% off discount if you book this month even if you don't plan to go this month. We are going in october.

I have done sting ray city at GC and it's awesome! I would recommend going there at Grand Cayman...bring some cash so you can buy some squid to feed the rays, it's too cool when they come up to you and suck it out of your hand. I would do that again but have little ones this time around and know that would be way overwhelming for them.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it 30% off when you book through RCL? I just booked Cozumel for Feb 2010. Thanks!

The 30% is when you book directly through place's website. They have monthly specials...This month is 30% and free transportation if you book enough people. A few months ago, they had 50% off. The biggest drawback is their cancellation polices if booking directly. Generally if you need to cancel you do not get a full refund and may be considered lucky to get any refund...This is if you have to cancel for whatever reason a month before the cruise or even if there just so happens to be a hurricane and your ship cannot make port. My wife and I booked a Royal Swim; two adults and transportation was $217 booking directly. If we booked through the ship, with transportation it would of been around $350. We look at it as a calculated risk :)

Archived