a few questions about the Star...

marshabear

DH wants to know if there is a place to get free drinks, like juice, iced tea, lemonade late in the evening...we have been on several ships where it is always available and some which it is not readily available....

also, what can you tell me about the spa, specifically the thermal suite /sanctuary area ..i think i heard the price for that area is about $140 per couple for the week.... ??? what all does that include???

thanks,

Marsha

The spa pass was $140.00 per couple when we were on the Star in April. It was well worth the money for us. We used it morning and night!

There is a nice lap pool, a hydro pool, a jacuzzi...there is a separate sauna and steam room in both the mens and ladies dressing rooms...There are lots of lounge chairs that face the aft of the ship with wonderful views. You can get iced water and tea in this area too! They provide a robe for your use in the spa area and there are lockers, showers with shampoo, etc, and blow dryers.

Be sure to take a tour on embarkation day and sign up for the raffle!

besides the buffet area, check the blue lagoon for it's drink station...water, coffee, hot water (and tea bags), ice tea. when we were there it had a small cooler with milk and (sometimes) juice.

many of us get juice (from the buffet) in the morning and save it in the refrig.

Is there any restriction about bringing your own soda or bottled water on board?

I understand that NCL does not allow any alcohol including wine. Is that correct?

You can bring soda or bottled water on board.

You can bring wine on board, but you must pay a $15 corkage fee per bottle.

You can't bring liquor on board. If you try and are caught they will hold the liquor and return it to you the last night of the cruise.

That wouldn't make sense for a dolt like me. I am not a connoisseur of fine wine.

Also, I am cheap!

I am also not a connoisseur of wine, but I'm going to bring some because 2 buck chuck would cost $17 if I bring it and pay the corkage, their cheapest wine might be something like $37 and probably wouldn't be much better.

I'm going to try and find some quality wine to bring though, but like I said, not a connoisseur.

I wonder if I could scratch off the label on a bottle of Baker's bourbon and write in 'Iced Tea'.

I am also not a connoisseur of wine, but I'm going to bring some because 2 buck chuck would cost $17 if I bring it and pay the corkage, their cheapest wine might be something like $37 and probably wouldn't be much better.

I'm going to try and find some quality wine to bring though, but like I said, not a connoisseur.

I wonder if I could scratch off the label on a bottle of Baker's bourbon and write in 'Iced Tea'.

Now there's an idea!;)

Archived